Chapter 4- Where Am I? (revised)

Start from the beginning

"Down the hall, first door on your left", he spoke quickly before stepping to the side, allowing me to pass. I walked down the hall and walked into the bathroom, looking at my reflection.

My eyes were bloodshot from crying and my hair was wild, sticking up in all sorts of crazy directions. I quickly put it on with the spare hair tie I keep on my wrist and washed my face with cold water, relieving my swollen cheeks. Once I gained the courage to face Dean, I walked out of the bathroom and back to his bedroom, only to find he wasn't there.

Puzzled, I walked back into the doorway and glanced down both ends of the hallway. But still, no Dean.

"Dean?" I called out hesitantly, but loud enough where he could most likely hear.

"I'm downstairs, can you come here for a second please?" He shouted.

I slowly walked downstairs, noticing just how big his house was. Did he live here by himself, or was his family here as well?

I looked around downstairs, noticing the bottom floor looped around, connecting every room. I walked through the beautiful living room, my mouth wide at how fancy it looked. I could see the tile floor of the kitchen, and hesitantly walked closer. I could hear the clanging of dishes and wanted to laugh, knowing he probably couldn't cook.

I saw Dean standing over the sink, washing a plate full of what appeared to be icing. I took a step closer, caughing a bit so he would notice my presence.

He turned around abruptly, smiling when his eyes landed on mine.

"Hey, so um, are you hungry? I don't know how long its been since you ate, so I'm just curious", he stated nervously while rubbing the back of his neck. He seems to do that a lot.

I supressed the giggle that wanted to escape my lips, just so he would know I'm still on my guard.

"Well, did you eat yet?" I asked.

"No actually, I came down to make something for us. What would you like?" He asked kindly, searching through his cabinets.

"Um, whatever you make is fine by me." I said. "Just as long as you don't poison me." I joked, a smirk plastered across my face.

He immediately stopped and looked at me, anger and hurt evident in his eyes. I found it strange how you could tell exactly what emotions he felt just from his eyes.

They stared into mine and my smirk slowly faded as Dean walked closer to me, closing the space between us.

"Why would I save you, just to kill you off? Only a coward does that, and if you can't tell by now that I'm not keeping you here to hurt you, then you must be hallucinating." He spoke strongly. Being the stubborn girl I am, I faught back.

"You know, maybe I am hallucinating from the concussion. Maybe I'm dead right now, or maybe I'm dreaming. How am I supposed to know?" I said, anger starting to take over. I took a step closer to him, slowly closing the small gap between our bodies.

"Well I know you're not hallucinating Princess, because I'm fully sober and I don't lie." He spat back, taking yet another step towards me. His chest was merely a foot away from me, creating even more tension.

"How am I supposed to know what you did while I was knocked out? You could have been doing anything down here, so how would I know? You could be drunk, or high as a kite." I stated, staying where I was. I didn't want to be the one to connect our bodies.

And since I wasn't, he was.

He took the final step and pushed his body up against mine, his lips dangerously close to my ear. I gulped, unable to move or back away. It was like I was frozen in time.