Chapter 8: This is Izuku Midoriya

Start from the beginning

He scrolled through the internet, researching.

So kacchan is signing up for UA eh?

Nostalgia filled him, seeing the older face of his former best friend.

He had on a scowl. Last time Izuku remembered, he was still adorning a cocky smile while showing off his new quirk. But then again, at that age he himself still had a hopeful smile for the future.

Times sure have changed.

But with the new discovery, Izuku had made his choice,

He was not going to UA.

• • • • •

It was after another training session on a Wednesday that Shouta sat him down to discuss about their schedule.

Since school was coming up, they couldn't train when they usually would since Izuku would most likely be busy with homework and projects. You know, all that school stuff.

"So we're going to have to change your training schedule, once you start school, you will be having analysis training on Mondays after school and physical training on Fridays and Saturdays" the teacher explained with half lidded eyes as if simply talking strained him.

"... Analysis training?" Izuku questioned, that was new.

Shouta sighed "Yes, I have decided to hone that talent for analysis of yours since it could prove to be useful in some way in the future, I won't tell you what we'll do just yet but prepare for a lot more work"

Izuku sat up straighter "R-Right!"

That was... new, he knew that the only reason Yagi-san had sought him out and that Aizawa-sensei trained him was because of his notebooks, because they found that information dangerous. But he guessed that he hadn't really let it sink in that it's become more than a past time now.

"So, problem child"

Shouta looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"The only reason I haven't quit on you even though you hold back is because I see tramendos potential in you"

(And because fear and pain are holding you back.

I'm a hero.

I'll help,

But only if you can let me. )

"So if you dare try and not give it your all this time-"

Izuku stiffened.

"-We're done "

The green haired male's eyes widened, seeing the seriousness in the older man's eyes.

He wasn't lying.

But then again, that's exactly why Izuku respects him so much as a teacher, he doesn't beat around the bush, he gets straight to the point without sugarcoating anything, making sure his students are prepared for pain and unfairness because that's just how it is.

Izuku steeled himself, eyes hardening in determination that has always been there since the day he could walk until the day he felt he couldn't even stand.

"H-Hai!"

• • • • •

In the end, he signed up for a pretty average high school, it was still of good quality but nothing compared to UA or Shiketsu, it didn't stand out one bit, so it was perfect. Plus, if he didn't sign up for one, people he was aquainted with would become suspicious since they had basically assumed that there was no way he wasn't going to a high school.