Chapter 4: Tears

[Tears]

I was walking down the hall, trying to find a way to break into Mrs. Packerton's room. Me, Sal, Todd, and Ash have been trying to find out what the fucked up bologna is made of. I stopped in front of the boys' bathroom. Well shit, might as well check to see if there's anything useful in there. I stepped inside the bathroom and looked around.

I didn't see anything useful, then again, I don't know what I expected. I was about to walk out when I noticed a crumpled piece of paper, obviously meant for the trashcan, laying on the floor. Might as well look at it. I picked up the paper, tried my best to smooth it out, and quickly read over it.

'I know we don't really know each other that well yet, and you still probably have your opinions of me. I thought maybe if I told you how I feel, things could be different.

The truth is, I can't stop thinking about you. I'm crazy about you. I think you're amazing! But I know these feelings are wrong. It's not the way a boy should feel. Shame swallows me whole. My father would kill me but I can't live in his shadow forever I just...'

I immediately know it's by Travis. It's kind of obvious, with his dad being a dick and pastor and all. I mean shit, I can even see his name scribbled out at the bottom. That explains where he went at lunch. I wonder who it's for. Is..is it for me? I felt my chest tighten and my cheeks flush at that thought. Damn it, that's stupid. Why the hell would Travis like me? It's probably for Sal or something.

My thoughts were cut off as I heard a choked sob coming from the last stall. Oh shit. I quietly walked down to the last stall and knocked on the door. "Uh, hey, you okay, dude?" I asked nervously. I heard a watery, familiar voice mutter a quick 'shit' under his breath. "I'm f-fine, Johnson! B-buzz off!" a dangerously wobbly voice. My eyes widened. "Travis?" I whispered. All I got in response was muffled sobs.

I sighed and sat down on the floor, leaning on the wall. "Well, I'm here if you wanna talked." Suffocating goddamn silence. I raked my hands through my long hair, searching for how the hell to approach this. "So...I found your letter." I stated, nervously picking at the hem of my shirt. I heard him gasp, and then release a loud sob. "L-Larry, please don't tell anyone!" Travis cried.

Damn, he sounded so... broken. "Hey, don't worry, dude, I won't tell anyone. You can talk about it, uh, if you want to." He stayed quiet before I heard him respond in a raspy voice, "Thank you, Larry." I smiled. "No problem, Travis. Also, uh, if you don't mind saying, who was the letter for?" I asked. This questions has been in my head since I read his letter, I don't know why though, it's definitely not for me.

I heard him groan in frustration. "Damn it, Larry, you oblivious fuck-wad." Travis mumbled. I was about to ask this little shit why he said that, but before I had a chance, I heard him stand up, unlock the stall, and walk out. I looked up to meet his dark, blood-shot eyes. Streaks of dried tears ran down his skin, his face slightly red and blotchy from crying.

"That letter was for you, Larry!" Travis screamed, fresh tears falling down his cheeks as he shut his eyes tight.

(A/N: I tooootally didn't make this chapter shorter just to make it a cliff hanger)