1| It's Over

"I'm tired of being lost in the battle between my mind and heart"

Hitali's concentration in the class was faltering. It was nothing new. She had no one to blame but him. The only difference, this time round was, it wasn't the usual sweet mushy thoughts but anger towards him.

The bell rang indicating the ending of the 60 minute long class and bringing Hitali out from her reverie.

Everyone was busy collecting their belongings and moving out of the class. The next class required them to split up, to their respective elective subject classrooms. Near the exit of their class, admist the hustle and bustle at the hallway, someone brushed against her right hand. Looking up, she got a glimpse of the back of a head, filled with short spiked black hair, of an average build boy walking away with his right arm around his fellow buddy's shoulders. It didn't take her rocket science to figure out who it was. She had studied that person for two freaking long years and had memorized each and every angle of him visible to the naked eye. She was capable of recognizing him even in a crowd within a split of a second. She felt as if she hadn't seen him in ages, even though she had just seen him at the start of the class, for a whole 15 minutes of that stupid practical joke he had played.

As she was walking up to her next class, her mind was clouded with her questioning thoughts.

"Did I not check him out during Ms. D'Souza's 45 minute long lecture ? That's weeeiirrrdd and definitely new .....but felt natural. I didn't even have to try"

"Was it the boiling angry within or was the class lecture too interesting?..."

"Nah! Ms. D'Souza's class could never be interesting to me and I didn't hear anything other than 'Good Afternoon Students'". She laughed to herself lightly, at that thought.

"Then what was I thinking about, at the class??? ", she wondered.

Soon she found herself standing at the entrance of her next class. She was surprised and swiftly whipped her hand left and right, to check if someone had dragged her along. She couldn't believe it. It felt surreal, as if she was in some video game and someone had control over her body movements and had guided her over there. She signed and left out a deep breathe and searched for a seat inside.

"Why am I freaking out?? What has happened to me today?", she questioned herself and took few slips of water from her sparkling light blue flask.

Wiping her forehead with her handkerchief, she placed the black of her palm on her forehead to do a quick fever check. The lecture started, just like Ms. D'Souza's, Mr. Gupta's also flew by. She had tried hard to take down some notes but all she could manage was to write - "In this class we are going to talk about sub-atomic molecules". That certainly was the most useless piece of notes she had ever taken in her entire life. She starred down at her book and groaned, "Oh God!!". Trying to calm herself and looking at the brighter side, she slammed the book shut.