Prologue

~~~~~~
A/N

The Prologue is a preview of its prequel - Pranksters Play Cupid

I'll try not to give away spoilers here, so those of you who haven't yet checked out the prequel, please do so! (requesting with the puppy dog eyes :))

This book can be read separately too but would be enjoyed if both are read... And obviously it'll make me happy if you do so :)

~~~~~~

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Sometimes too much fun and cost you to lose something special."

             John and Senthil, the famous prankster duo of their college were bored and had something planned up their sleeves for their two special friends - Harini and Aman. Yes!! They played a Prank on their friends. Being friends with the scheming notorious pair, did them no good. They had only one rule for their frolic stunts they carried out - No prank immunity for friends.

            The crime scene for their latest prank was the classroom and time for action was between their classes. They did a random check, for all the "required" settings to ensure it would be a success. Location check and timing check was already done. Other checks needed to be carried out, it was like a rehearsal check before the event starts. Everyone in the class were chatting, playing and creating chaos; background score- Check! John made a quick scan to see if enough on-lookers were present, satisfied, he gave Senthil, the Audience check nod. They were not going to be ruthless on Harini and Aman, so little bit noise and handful of distracted classmates would be the perfect set-up.

Senthil shook his head and said, "No dude, this isn't happening."

John raised his eyebrow is question and whined, "Why?", it was too late to back out. It was now or never.

           "There is too much noise here, damn it! Not one person is sitting quiet here. How do you expect these noisy bunch of idiots to realize something interesting is going to happen?", Senthil replied disappointingly. "What is the use if there is no one to see it happen!", he continued with sigh.

            John in slightly serious tone warned Senthil, "If it's silent and full attention is on the victims, it would be an epic fail.... Do you think Harini or Aman will react to anything. It'll be an outright give away, that it's pre-planned scam. They are not fools!", slightly raising his voice towards the end. After a minute's pause, realizing that Senthil was only half convinced and needed to be pumped up with same level of enthusiasm as his.

             He continued, "Come on man! You know them and how they always dodge us and everyone else..... If we are the masters of pranks, they have certainly mastered on diverting such things off of them. We have a reputation to guard, bro! It is "the" day for being naughty and if anything went the other way round, we would end up being the laughing stock."

            Senthil would never take hit on their prestigious never-a-fail-prank streak. He was nodding slowly and building up speed, to show that he was catching up. He grinned and said, "Ya, we can't just sit idle TODAY, when everyone is up to something. It would be a blow to us and people will start taking us lightly.... NO WAY! I can't afford that... we can't! Let's do it!".

             Before John could reply, he turned to look as his innocent friends, who were going to be the ones on the receiving ends of their fooling around business. With a mischievous smile playing on his lips, he said with confidence, " And we will be the first one's to pull off this trick! We have just upped our game.... poor Harini and Aman, will not know what hit them." With that he fist bumped John and clasped their hands, which was their get-set-go signal.

             As they were getting ready to roll it out of the box, Hitali was settling into her seat few rows behind Harini, the prime victim. She turned to her left and in the pretense to take out books from her bag, which is purposefully kept to her left, stole a glance at her two-year long secret crush, the Senthil Kumar. She saw the playful glint in his eyes and was mesmerized in it for awhile. Shrugging off her head, she came back to her senses, that instance she knew for sure, that the fist-bumping duo was up to their usual shenanigans. She was surprised that they hadn't pulled off anything till now, considering half the day was over. Now all she had to do was wait and watch and see how it plays out. She silently prayed that they didn't hurt anyone in their upcoming practical joke and prayed for the ones who were their targets.

            Hitali was intently watching the whole thing playing out in front of her eyes, as silent unnoticed spectator. She heard each and every dialogue between the masterminds and the victims, without revealing any of her facial expression.

           At the end of the prank, everyone had a good laugh, except for one - Hitali Mishra!! She was fuming and her eyes were red, filled with hatred, directed towards Senthil.

The laughter and the prank ended with class teacher entering the room.

~~~~~~
A/N

Want to know what the prank was.... Read the book - Pranksters Play Cupid

Why was Hitali offended by the prank when everyone enjoyed it? Any ideas??

Was Senthil's prank rude or passable as a fun one??

Comment down below your views.

Keep your views/ votes / comments flowing :) :)

Who can identify the prank in the below screenshot (^_^)?

Hope to see you soon on the next chapter!
~~~~~~