Chapter 20

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: The Vandal Look Alikes

Chapter Twenty: Doing Chores
Louie Preston POV

"How much... Longer until... we reach your... house, Piper?" I panted.

Nora, Frankie, Billy, and I had been carrying Henry's little, rude, blackmailing sister, Piper, towards her house for about a hour and a half, so she wouldn't squeal about our secrets, and we were so exhausted that we were about to pass out. Piper thought for a moment.

"About ten more minutes," Piper finally answered.

Nora, Frankie, Billy, and I all groaned.

"But, we're tired!" Billy complained.

"Just suck it up!" Piper scolded Billy.

"Ugghh, why didn't we just take turns carrying you!?!?" Nora asked.

"Oh, that would have been so much easier!" Frankie groaned.

"But, wouldn't she just seem heavier if we were to do that!" I argued.

"Hey!" Piper hissed at me, "If you don't want me to give your secrets away, then don't talk about me like that."

"Piper, I wasn't saying that you're heavy! We're just only so strong!"

"Oh, so now you're calling us weak!?!?" Nora questioned.

"No, I'm not! I'm just saying that wouldn't it be harder if only one of us were carrying her at a time?"

"No, it wouldn't because if we were about to switch every block, then each of us would get to take a break for three blocks!" Frankie argued with me.

"Yeah, that's what I was trying to say!" Nora agreed.

"Well, do you just want to do that until we get to Piper's house?" Billy asked.

"Look, I don't care how you guys carry me just as long you get me there!" Piper told us.

"It's too late to take turns carrying her, Billy!" Nora disputed, "We're too exhausted to carry her by ourselves now- even for just a block!"

"Yeah, we might all might as well carry her together now," Frankie agreed.

"Yeah, I guess so," Nora, Billy, and I sighed in agreement.

I then noticed that we were starting to approach the end of the street. To the right of us, was a green street sign. On the street sign, the words, "CHASE STREET" in capital, white letters.

"So, which way now, Piper?" Billy asked.

"Go right," Piper ordered us, as she pointed towards the right.

Nora, Frankie, Billy, and I made a right onto Chase Avenue and continued to carry Piper down the white, concrete sidewalk, towards her house.

By the time that we had finally reached Piper's house, we were so exhausted that we could barely talk. As soon as we had gotten inside, we plopped Piper down on her light-brown living room couch. Nora, Billy, Frankie, and I let ourselves collapse onto the light-brown hardwood floor of the living room. For some reason, it seemed as if there was nobody home, besides the five of us.

"Don't lie down!" Piper barked at us, "Get up and do my chores!"

Frankie, Billy, Nora, and I groaned, as we struggled to get up. We were so tired and worn-out that we had to grab onto the arms of Piper's couch in order to pull ourselves up off the ground.

"So..., where are... your parents?" I panted, still feeling exhausted.

Piper thought for a moment. "My dad's at work, but I don't know where my mom is. Her car was in the driveway, so maybe she's taking a nap in my parents' room."