Chicken Soup

This story is dedicated to Kwood, who has been my friend for my entire life. She came up with the idea and stood by me in my many blunders and mistakes! =)

It was a dark, cold night, and I was very thankful for the wonderful soup my friend, the cat had just given me. It was a delicious, creamy soup in a broth of celery greens. The steam flew up from my bowl, warming my beak.

"This is amazing!" I told the cat, Ninja, who had made the delicious soup. "How did you make it?"

He grinned at me, a lopsided cat grin. "Oh ya know, I snuck into the house one day and got some veggies from the fridge and some water from the toilet! It really does make an amazing soup, doesn't it Hen?"

"Yes!" I agreed. Ninja is my only friend, mostly because none of the other chickens will have anything to do with me. I think the reason they don't like me is partly because of my name, Hen, but I'm not sure. They all have fancy names, like Legolas or Gimli, but not me. I'm stuck with Hen. That is a very sore subject for me, because the other chickens just love making fun of me about my name. Ninja doesn't mind though, he is so considerate!

I slurped up a large beakful of soup, enjoying the delicious vegetable taste, when I tasted something I've never tasted before.

"What's this? I've never seen it before, and it certainly is delicious!" I said, hoping Ninja would tell me. He sometimes liked to keep secrets about his meals, calling them his "Secret ingredients". It always drove me crazy when he did that, because I was so curious and I wanted to know every part of my food.

  He grinned again, being very careful not to show his teeth. He knows I don't like seeing his teeth, because they are so sharp and deadly looking. "Just a special surprise I got for you! I'll tell you what it is after your done with the soup!"

"Ok!" I say quite agreeably. I do love the taste of this pinkish blob, and I don't want him to think I'm ungrateful. "It is delicious!"

When I finish my soup I timidly ask for more, desperately wanting some more of that delicious pink stuff. Ninja purrs softly and pours me another bowl full of the soup, with many of those delectable blobs in it. I greedily devour the entire bowl before sitting back on my thighs.

"So, now that I've finished are you going to tell me what that stuff was?" I ask excitedly.

"Did you like it?" he asks, purring and rubbing on the bench we were hiding under.

"Yes, very much indeed!" I buck.

"And would you like some more?" he asks in a quiet, peaceful meow.

"I would do anything for some more!" I squawk, hoping desperately that he has some more.

"Oh Hen." he sighs, purring harder now. "You are so wonderful. I knew you would like that. Sadly, I don't have any more, but I know where some more can be found, if you're interested."

"Yes I'm interested! Where is it and what is it?!?" I am desperate for some more now, and I don't really care what it is anymore, so long as I can have more, more and more.

He laughs, a kind, sympathetic laugh. "That, my dear Hen, was raw chicken flesh. And there is more in that barn right there, just waiting to be eaten." He purrs, pointing his paw in the direction of my barn, where I am forced to live with the other chickens.

It takes me a minute to register what he just said, and when I do I turn angrily to him, squawking at the top of my lungs.

"Are you telling me I just ate chicken flesh?!? I'm a cannibal?!? How could you do that?" I scream, no longer caring if I offended him.

He frowns slightly, and looks at me sadly. "I thought you liked it. And it's no big deal, the chicken I got that from was already dead! The humans were going to eat it!"

"I did like it..." I buck softly as I lick my beak. "And if it was already dead... Well, it can't be too bad!"

He smiles, a happy smile. "I knew you liked it! And no, it isn't bad at all! Now, if we went in there and killed one of those bullies that keeps beating you up, then you could taste fresh chicken, with a little blood and fear mixed in! It would be the perfect revenge! Of course, I wouldn't pressure you to do anything you don't want!" he purrs softly at me, licking his lips.

"Well..." I say, already tasting the sweet taste of flesh, with the spice of revenge added. "I would like to have some more..."

Ninja turns to me, a serious look in his green eyes. "There is something you should know. If you do this, there is no going back. You won't be able to live in the henhouse any more."

I look him in the eye, smiling as much as I can with a beak. "I never had a life there! I lived in fear there! It wouldn't be a loss."

"Ok!" he laughs. "Then let's go get some more meat! Then we will have to head out to another farm where there are more chickens!"

"Yes!" I buck triumphantly.

And there we were, the rouge cat and the cannibal chicken, heading off to make a new and better life together. 

   The end!

Heh heh heh... I have a cat named Ninja and a chicken named Hen, and I can so picture them doing this together!! xD once again, I love any kind of feedback!