"Mom... this place looks like our old apartment." I said to her, feeling my old home's vibes.

"I tried to find the cheapest apartment possible. Good thing our old neighbour helped us. Remember Mr.Bang?" I nodded. Mr.Bang has always been really helpful to our family. Everytime we were struggling with man-power, he would always be there to help. I can't count how many times he've helped us. We always repay him back by sometimes buying him some souvenirs or cooking some food for him to eat, but it just doesn't seem enough.

I hopped onto the soft, fluffy and springy bed. Words can't describe how much i miss bed. I always slept on top of a mattress where the foam was already gone, leaving just the outer part. The jail doesn't even have a blanket. Good thing Hoon-oppa lend me one when it was winter. I could've died by hypothermia then.

"I prepared your favorite meal for you, honey. Go eat it all up." I sprung up from the bed and looked for the kitchen, since this is my first time in this apartment after all.

I sat on the dinner table and immediately took a bite from the plates of food she had made. The taste of home hit me. It's been long since I've eaten food with this much flavor. I keep eating, and eating not noticing that tears started dripping out my eyes.

"It's so good, mom!" I said to her as my voice started shaking. Words can't describe how much i miss being home, seeing my mom cook, eating her food, everything. I missed everything that i used to do before my life went downhill. "Why aren't you eating, mom?"

"I've eaten already before i picked you up. You can eat them all if you want. " She said while her hand gestured for me to finish the food. Every bite just felt sweeter and sweeter as everything went into my mouth over and over again. I was too into it not realizing that it was all already gone.

"Let's clean this up, honey. Then we'll talk." I helped her clearing up and wiping the table before i walked over to her to help her washing the dishes. After all of the plates were done, i walked over to the sofa while bringing a glass of water and sat down.

"Mom, about school..." I tried to bring the topic up.

"You don't have to worry about that, sweetie. Mr. Bang have found us a school that'll accept you. Isn't he a nice guy?" I almost choked on my drink hearing his name again. Why is he so nice to our family?

"Again?!" My mom nodded. "Why?!"

"Honey." She stopped what she was doing, sat beside me, looked into my eyes and said.

"Mr.Bang has been our neighbor for a long~ time. He knew our family the most out of anyone there. He knew what kind of hardships we went through, he knows what kind of person i am, and also...." She paused for a bit.

"He also knows you. The sweet, nice little girl you are. He knew that you weren't the kind of girl that would kill someone. He knew a sweet girl like you, wouldn't even dare as much as hitting another person. Even though he saw your... let's just call it emo phase. Shall we?" She laughed for a bit. I can't believe she just said emo.

"But he always believed that the sweet girl that he once knew is still inside you. And i hope that you would turn back into that sweet girl too, honey."

"Thank you mom. I will. And i will definitely thank Mr. Bang when i see him."

I felt warm in my mom's embrace. I haven't felt anything sweeter than this. Maybe it's because i've spend too long in the cold, lifeless prison. I'm glad that Han was there to snap me back into reality. I don't even want to imagine what would happen to me if he wasn't there.

_________________

Time skip to the first day of school

_________________

Today's my first day of repeating 2nd year of high school after i served my time. I took the bus, and all seems to be going well. No one gave me any kind of stares, and i walked on the side walk without people moving their heads to me. Everything seems to be going okay until... the school gate.

I hope no one recognizes me.

One step past the school gate, and everyone already started giving me weird stares.

Ya. It's the "high-school murderer".

Oh God. I'm scared.

How can she even show her face after what she did?

"I can hear all your whispers, you know." That's what i'd like to say if i weren't such a coward.

It's all right, Eunbi-ya. Just act nice to everyone.

I looked left and right trying to search for the direction of the office.

"Hey, i-" I tried talking to the other students around me, but they all avoided me as if I'm trash.

This is gonna be hard...

I thought to myself. Of course they would act like that. No one would ever want to be found near a killer. Even though i didn't kill anybody, but how can anybody believe what i say to them? I was found guilty already, so i can't really say anything to them as a defense.

I tried, and tried. Not a single person wanted to help me. They would all just clear out. I was on the verge of giving up when.

"Hey. Can i help you?" I was approached by a guy. Taller than me, and also seemed cute. Wait. I don't have time for that.

"Oh... can you help me find the teacher's office? I just transferred here." I said to him.

"Sure. Follow me." He said in a monotone voice, as if he was a robot. But strangely, there was a hint of kindness in his voice. I don't know how, but i can feel it even just a pint of it. I walked behind him as i feel stares coming at us again. I can't help but pity the boy who is helping me. Why would he help a girl like me, who's being avoided by everyone? Why would he help a girl like me knowing that he might be avoided by everyone thinking that i might have a connection with him?

"We're here. Is there anything else i can help with?"

" Oh, it's okay." I rejected his offer. I would love to ask him to be my boy-*cough* to be my friend, but i knew i couldn't do that. I don't want him to ruin his life just by hanging out with me.

"You've been a huge help for me today. I'll take care of this myself. Thank you.... what's your name?"

I asked him as i look him in the eyes. I didn't get to look at his face before until now. But now that i looked at it... his face looked foreign, yet his Korean speech sounded perfect. His body didn't seem buff, nor it looked skinny. It was like... he was born to be a model.

"Call me Y/N. 2nd year of high school."

_____________

See you on wednesday.

Peace.🤙