𝟐: 𝘪 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦

Start from the beginning

Diego's laugh was short lived as soon as he noticed someone, Estrella assumes that she's Vanya, enter the mansion. He approached them with a blank face, Estrella followed him of course but with a softer expression. "Ah, what is she doing here? You don't belong here, not after what you did."

Estrella lightly slapped Diego's arm as they walked up the stairs. "Don't be rude."

Allison turned slowly to face Diego, her eyes slightly narrowing, "You're seriously gonna do this today?" He ignored the question and continued on his tracks, "Way to dress for the occasion by the way." Estrella stared at her pale yellow sweater and pursed her lips. I forgot to change... She did not know that the remark was rather directed at Diego, not her.

"At least I'm wearing black." Estrella whisper shouted,"Well I'm not wearing black-she's gonna use that against me!"

Allison chuckled and threw her hands in the air, "And you brought company." She spat the word company with venom on her tone. She eyed Estrella's yellow sweater up and down, making the poor girl flustered, "Wouldn't hurt you to inform her that she's going to a funeral?"

Diego stopped in his tracks and Estrella copied him, anxiously looking at him for a smart retort. She wanted to say something but she didn't want to ruin her reputation in front of her so she pursed her lips and sighed. "You don't have a say on how we dress, Allison." Diego uttered his sister's name with the same amount of venom in his voice. His eyes traveled to Allison's shirt, his brows knitting into almost one line, "Not with your blue shirt." he added.

Diego walked away and Estrella followed him, sending both of the girls downstairs an apologetic smile before walking away, which Vanya returned with a curt nod. Diego pushed an index finger up to his lips, urging the girl to be quiet. The girl nodded, zipping her lips and throwing the slider away. He shook his head at the kid's antics, laughing internally at how different she is from Eudora.

They crept up near Luther who was inspecting the windows of their father's bedroom. Diego leaned on one side of the door frame and Estrella mimicked him, earning a lopsided grin and a small shake of the head from Diego. He cleared his throat, "I can save you some time. They're all locked." Luther moved his hand away from the windows and glanced at Diego and his accomplice. He continued, "No forced entry, no signs of struggle. Nothing out of the ordinary."

He then walked up to Luther and Estrella debates whether she should follow him but eventually stayed at the door frame, not wanting to intervene to be questioned. "Oh, you got big, Luther. What's the secret, huh? Protein shakes? Low carb?"

Estrella unconsciously let out a snort, earning some glances from Diego and Luther, the latter quirked an eyebrow at her then looked at Diego, demanding an explanation. She opened her mouth to explain but Luther cut her off, "Who's this kid-" he asked, pointing at Estrella, "-your daughter?"

The girl pursed her lips as her face crumpled in disgust. She couldn't imagine a life being Diego's daughter and the thought of her sister possibly being the mother made the topic even worse. Diego stuttered, his face painted in red. "D-do I look like a person who would raise a daughter at the age of thirty? Mind you, she's seventeen!"

Luther raised his hands in defeat, "I was just asking." Estrella scoffed and left the room, leaving the emotionally stunted men to have their (soon to be) heated discussion.

The girl wanted to leave the house but she has no ride. It would be rude of her to ask Diego for a lift and she doesn't want to call a cab. Her house is miles away and she wanted to see how the impending family fight will commence.
She shrugged as a small smile formed on her lips, "Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back." Estrella muttered to herself as she walked around the library, a smug smile on her face. Glancing around the library filled with books, she stopped midway at the portrait of one of Reginald Hargreeves's son. Five Hargreeves, Estrella assumed.