Chapter Thirty-Eight: Yamato Flies Again

Începe de la început

The computer then began to play the S.O.S message. "This is Kieron Ozpin, of the space battleship Yamato. We are under attack. I repeat; under attack." Kieron's voice spoke on the console. "If you get this message, our rescue mission has gone bad. We've found the person in need of help; it was our mother. She's alive. But when we were about to go home, we got ambushed and attacked. We all had to split up, and we're now on 3 different planets. We need help." With that, the message ended.

Kieron sighed. "I just hope that Lily gets that call for help." He then got his hands on the controls. "Computer. Power up the sub-engines." He ordered.

"Would not advise. Enemy will pick us up and may start attacking again." The computer advised with a warning.

Kieron sighed in frustration. "I know that. But, if we don't, then whoever comes to save us will be walking right into a trap. If we can draw that ship away, we can give Jonson and the others a fighting chance for someone to save them." He said, then he pushed a button. "Taking full control." He then presses a second button. The lights on the Bridge go red, as the alarm goes off, echoing through the ship. "Firing the sub-engines."

The two smaller engines fire at once, breaking through the rocks and the ground around the Yamato's hull, freeing it from the seabed. The ship then started to move and gain speed through the water

Kieron smiled. "Okay. Firing the main engine now!" He announced. The big VTOL engine fires up, and the Yamato began to pick up more speed. Kieron smiled. "Okay. Yamato... to the sky!" He declared, pulling back on his control column.

Up above the ice, everything was still and silent. Not a single thing happened, except for the icy wind whistling by. A second later, the hull of the Yamato bursts through the ice with a thunderous cracking sound. A moment later, the rest of the ship breaks free, gaining in speed, and the battleship craft took to the skies once again.

~*~*~

~*~*~

Meanwhile, in the orbit of the icy ocean planet, there was the large unknown vessel. It was looking for the survivors of the Yamato, and the information that they contain within them.

An officer approached Ainz Ooal Gown. "My Lord. The ship. It has come back." He informed.

Ainz Ooal Gown turned to the officer. "What?" He demanded.

The officer showed a video of the Yamato breaking through the ice and taking off. "The Yamato. It's still working. Scans show there's one life form onboard, and it's trying to leave." The officer informed.

Ainz Ooal Gown thought about this aloud. "His team must still be on the other worlds." He turned to the officer. "Contact our scouts. Tell them to hunt down his team. We'll go after their mothership." He ordered.

With that, up to 6 shuttles take off; 5 of them heading off to 2 different Planets. These shuttles were known as Lambda-class T-4a Shuttles.

The Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle, also known as the Imperial Lambda, Imperial Transport or the Imperial Shuttle, was a multi-purpose transport with a trihedral foil design considered an elegant departure from the standards of brutish Imperial enginee...

The Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle, also known as the Imperial Lambda, Imperial Transport or the Imperial Shuttle, was a multi-purpose transport with a trihedral foil design considered an elegant departure from the standards of brutish Imperial engineering. The shuttles were often used by high-ranking officers but are also more commonly found taking troops and cargo.

The Length of the ship is 20m, a beam of 15.9m, and a height of 22.7m. The craft has a max speed of 859kph. It also has it own T-drive engine. It has weapons: 2 laser cannons, 2 Forward-facing wing-mounted double laser cannons (2 on each wing), 2 cannons nearby the cabin, and a Retractable rear-mounted double laser cannon.

These ship carry up to 30 soldiers, them being 5 medics, 10 heavy armed troops. They also have powerful weapons, like miniguns to rocket launchers to all sorts. Then, 15 normal solders and 5 commanding officers. It can also carry 3 pilots; 2 that flies the ship and the other that works the radar, and is the captain.

The Shuttles split up; 3 of them head to the planet Jonson was on, and the other 3 head off to where Sarah had gone to, while Ainz Ooal Gown's ship, called the Dark Shadow, followed and chased after the Yamato, firing at it.

Ainz Ooal Gown eyed the battleship ahead. "After the Yamato." He said as he watched.

~*~*~

Onboard the Yamato, the battleship was going along as fast as it could, just as it was being shot at, and fire was breaking out at some parts of the ship.

Onboard the Bridge, Kieron kept the ship going on, as sparks fly from racing cables and wiring

Onboard the Bridge, Kieron kept the ship going on, as sparks fly from racing cables and wiring. "Come on, old girl. You can hold on." He then saw what was a nebula ahead, filled with rocks and gas. "The shields would be offline while in there, but it'll give him a fighting chance. Yes..." Kieron smiled.

Kieron aimed the Yamato towards the nebula, and with all the power of the engines, he charged on, heading off into the nebula cloud at once. Soon, Ainz Ooal Gown followed off in his Dark Shadow.

Unbeknown to them all, help was on the way...