Thankfully, Rouge interrupted. She entered with another tray of cupcakes. "Alrighty, boys! Here's some cupcakes decorated by yours truly! Oh, who's this lovely gentleman?"

Garnet looked at her. He slightly flinched when he realized who this was. "Garnet. Amy's cousin."

Tails and Knuckles let out sighs of relief, knowing that the thick tension was gone. Rouge's eyes lit up. "Oh, right! I'm Rouge The Bat. Amy's friend."

"I know. She told me." Garnet replied simply. He then glanced at the other boys on the table. "As well as I know all of you."

Sonic has this strange feeling about Garnet. The kind of feeling like you shouldn't trust someone. But he can't really just interrogate this hog like his accusing him of something. Especially since he's Amy's cousin. He noticed that Garnet gave him another dirty glance. Sonic raised his eyebrow at him.

"Just what is this dude's deal? I get that he probably thinks I'm the main cause of Amy leaving years ago but damn, his death glares are sure intimidating..." Sonic thought.

Everyone, but Shadow, began devouring the cookies and cupcakes on the table. Sticks joined them after with drinks. Since Shadow doesn't like sweets, Rouge gave him a beer from the hotel fridge.

Amy then returned with the medicines. "Got the meds. They weren't in the bathroom. So I looked all over. Found them in a drawer, though."

Garnet grabbed them from her and didn't hesitate in gulping them up without water. "Thanks. Needed those. Where's Josh?"

"I think he's with Carol. He does like being with her a lot even though he doesn't want to admit it." Any giggled. Garnet sighed, he faced at her with a certain look.

Amy nervously laughed. She knows that look. It's the look he gives her when she's in trouble. It's not obvious though. Amy sighed. "I know, I know. We'll talk later."

The others noticed the odd exchange but shrugged it off, continuing to open small conversations with each other.

"By the way, Gar." Amy said, taking beside Sonic. To her, and Garnet's, dismay, it was the only chair left. And she wouldn't wanna be rude by getting the chair and go sitting somewhere else. "Do you know a mole whose last name is Moleser? I think I recall you mentioning him before with Carol."

Garnet then looked at her with slight shock but quickly hid it. It did not go unnoticed by Shadow, Rouge and Sonic, though. Garnet shrugged. "I don't know anyone with that surname. You probably misheard me before."

Amy sighed. "Oh, okay."

"You're lying." Everyone was surprised when Sonic said those words all of the sudden. "Why are you lying?"

"Sonic!" Tails and Amy glared but they were ignored. Sonic had this familiar serious look on his face. And those emerald eyes were aimed at the red hedgehog.

Garnet raised his eyebrow at him, as if testing him. "And why would you say that?"

"You flinched when Amy mentioned the surname. You even answered too quickly, as if trying to hide something." Sonic said accusingly. Amy looked at Sonic incredulously.

"Oh, he did not just accuse my cousin with that tone of his." She thought angrily. But calmed when she realizes. "Though, he's got a point. Gar did answer a bit suspiciously."

"Okay, that's enough. We're really sorry about him, Mister Garnet. He's a little...unnecessarily serious about stuff like this." Sticks nervously chuckled. Sonic and Garnet ignored her, though. They just continued staring at each other with a serious look.