Chapter 12

"Omega's been botnapped, huh?" Tails mumbled as the two agents just finished telling their problem. "No other leads on who the culprit is?"

All of them are in Amy's hotel room. She insisted they talk there since she wants to make them her famous snacks. Good thing Garnet isn't home yet, and Josh is probably with Carol. Amy was in the kitchen baking cookies and cupcakes with Sticks and Rouge. The boys are just outside, discussing the situation.

"Well, none before. But when Sticks mentioned about this recently burnt down building belonging to a weaponry company, that has us thinking." Rouge loudly told them from the kitchen.

Shadow continued, "Do any of you know who the owner of that building is?"

Sonic placed his fingers under his chin in thought. "I think it's that mole...the one who also owns the Car Shop down the street?"

Tails snapped his fingers. "Oh! Mister Moleser! Yeah, it's probably him."

Amy's head suddenly popped out from the kitchen door at the mention of the name. "Moleser? I think I've heard my cousin mention that name before..."

"Do you think you could ask him if we can talk to the mole?" Asked Tails.

Amy thought about it. "I guess. I'll ask once he arrives."

Suddenly, the room door opened and a red adult hedgehog entered the room looking tired. "Ugh, Amy, you home? I have a major headache. You think you can get me some meds from the bathro-..."

He paused once he saw the boys sitting around their dining table. Amy smiled once he saw him. "Would you look at that, he's already here. Hey, Gar! Want some cookies? They're freshly baked~!"

Garnet blinked several times with a blank expression. He turned around, exited the room, and shut the door. The others looked at each other in confusion and was startled when they heard a vague scream from outside. It sounds like someone is having the worst day.

Garnet entered the room again with a calmer composure. He sighed. "So, who might all of you be?"

Amy walked into the room with a tray of cookies in her hands. She placed them on the table and Knuckles immediately started digging in. "These are my old friends! Remember me telling you about them?"

"Oh, yeah. I most definitely remember you mentioning your life with a particular blue rodent." Garnet said in a sort of nice tone with a hint of murder. His eyes dead set on the blue hedgehog and the memory of him making out with his cousin like he saw in the monitor is playing in his mind.

Somehow, Sonic felt a little bit intimidated. He squirmed in his seat, avoiding the silent death stare of Garnet.

Amy narrowed her eyes on her cousin. "Don't be rude! Didn't you mention having a headache? Sit down, have some cookies and I'll go get the meds."

As Amy left, Garnet calmly sat down in between Knuckles and Tails. He looked at Sonic, with a suspicious expression. "So...Sonic, was it?"

Sonic nodded. "And your Amelia's cousin which she never mentioned she had before when she was living in this island years ago?"

Tails nudged him.

Garnet's left eye twitched. "Of course. And you're the boyfriend who caused her to leave the island in the first place?"

Sonic narrowed his eyes at him. "I was never her boyfriend. And no, I'm not the reason."

"That's not how I see it."

Tails, Knuckles and Shadow felt the tension happening between these two hedgehogs. Tails and Knuckles looked at each other nervously while Shadow rolled his eyes in annoyance.