Chapter 8

Sonic glared at Tails right on the face. His voice was deeper, and more sinister. "Don't. Ever. Mention. That. Again. YOU HEAR ME, YOU FUCKING DICKHEAD!?! "

"Rgh... " Tails groaned as he hatefully, yet fearfully, glared at him. Knuckles quickly reacted. He punched Sonic on the jaw, causing him to drop Tails on the cold floor.

"No! Stop! " Amy yelled. But they just ignored her.

Knuckles panted. "That's... That's enough, boss... Y-You're gonna... k-kill him like that. "

Sonic looked back at him. It seems Knuckles' punch didn't even affect him. It didn't even leave a scratch! Sonic glared at him then arched a brow. What he said shocked everyone in the room. Especially Amy.

"... So? "

"Wh-What!? " Knuckles yelled in disbelief. Doesn't he care about them anymore?

"This... This can't be happening! " Amy thought. Her eyes kept switching towards Knuckles, to Tails, then her ex-crush.

Sticks immediately ran towards Tails who was holding his collar and staring hurtfully towards Sonic. Leaving Amy petrified on the floor. She continued to stare at Sonic. She gasped a little once his gaze met hers.

The moment Sonic saw her, he relaxed a bit. Amy noticed his dark aura slowly fading. She felt a little relieved.

Sonic then faced her one more time before facing the door. "... I hate you all. "

With that said, he dashed off to God knows where, leaving a trail of blue light.

Everyone sighed in both relief that he's gone, and sadness of what just happened... And what he said.

As Sticks took care of Tails, Knuckles walked towards Amy. He extended his arm for her. Amy blankly took it as he pulled her up from the floor.

Knuckles scratched his neck in despair. "*sigh* Sorry, Amy. You're visit here was a... wreck. You should probably ignore what just happened and-"

"Ignore what just happened? " Knuckles was shocked at her sudden tone. "How could I just ignore that!? My friends are turning against each other and it's killing me! I just-!... I just... "

Knuckles just slowly hugged her. Amy happily returned it as she slightly teared up on his vest. "... I'm really sorry for all of this, Amelia. "

"*sniff* D-Don't apologize. You didn't do anything. " She pulled back then looked at him. "Hey Knuckles, do you know a place where I can relax for a bit? Like a pond, river, lake, or anything besides waters? "

"Well, there's a crystal blue lake not too far from here. I'm sure you'll love it there! "

~~~~~~~~~~

A flybot is seen flying over the ocean and towards a mountain in the middle. A bug hole opened up on the mountain for the bot to fly in. Once it entered a lair full of machines and chemicals, a loud maniacal laugh echoed.

"MWAHAHAHA!!! SONIC FINALLY LOST IT! HAHA! " Eggman boomed. "And it's all thanks to sweet Amelia Rose. "

The flybot landed on his palm. The bot suddenly transformed into a USB. The doctor took it and plugged it in his large computer. Pictures of Team Sonic and Amelia came up. Even pictures of her cousin and nephew. He clicked on a video of Sonic training on his own. This was before he called everyone on a meeting.

"*creepy chuckle* The end for you is near, you damn hedgehog! I'll use miss Rose for my plan! "

Eggman looked a lot older. That's normal. His mustache is all grey and he has visible wrinkles. And it seems he replaced his legs with robo ones. He angered when the flash back of Amelia destroying his robot when she came back occurred.