Torn

~Two Days Later~

Ever since the day they had to bury Louis, Harry hasn't been himself. That was expected. The other boys knew he was going to be the one most upset, but they didn't expect him not to eat, not to speak, and not to sleep. Even though Harry never left his bed, he didn't sleep. The boys had left him alone so he could have some space. He clearly had a weird way of coping. The days kept passing and each day the boys would call Harry. After almost three weeks of him not answering their calls, they got very worried.

"Maybe we should go check on him." Liam spoke, hanging up another ignored call.

"He said to leave him alone." Niall added, sadly, "We can't."

"Yes, I know he said that, but I'm worried about him."

"What's the worst that could happen?" Zayn asked.

"I don't even want to think about that." Liam answered, eyes wide open.

"I'm sure he's okay," Niall continued, "If he needed us he would have answered, or at least called."

"It's just not like him." Liam sighed, "None of this feels right."

"He's right ya know." Zayn agreed, "Maybe we should go check on him. I mean what harm could it do? I want to at least make sure he is still alive."

"So do I." Niall added, "I love Harry to death, but I just don't want to be pushed away again. He obviously doesn't want us there."

"But I want HIM, HERE!" Liam demanded.

Niall thought for a moment. "Alright," he sighed, "I guess we can go."

"Good thing you agreed," Zayn joked, "because either way we were going without you."

"If we get shut out again, just know I said we shouldn't have come." Niall continued, still unsure if he wanted to go.

"If he shuts us out, that means he's alive." Liam nodded, "That's all I want to know."

"Fine." Niall huffed, "Let's go."

Liam, Zayn and Niall got into Liam's car and made their way to Harry's flat.

~*~

As Harry laid in his bed, with the presence of Louis still feeling cuddled next to him, memories began flashing through Harry's head again. Hewould close his eyes, and open them again expecting to see Louis, but that didn't happen. He finally realized there was nothing he could do. Louis was gone, and he couldn't bring him back. No matter how hard he tried, Louis couldn't be reached. He didn't quite understand why Louis felt so close to him. He figured it was probably because he missed him so much. Little did he know, Louisn was sitting at the edge of the bed watching over him.

Louis could see that Harry was done. He had reached his breaking point. He knew it wouldn't be long now before he got to take Harry with him, he just had to wait. He was a little upset that Harry couldn't push through because he had told Harry to stay strong, but then he realized a heart can only break so much before it stops. You can only stay strong for so long, before your body gives up. As had Harry's.

Harry felt the first tear of the day fall down his face as realitly was finally setting in. He ran his hand through his messy hair. With no one left to impress, he hadn't bother to fix it. His hands were shaking and his body was aching. He didn't want to move, but something made him get up. Louis pushed him up. He needed Harry to see.

Harry slowly sat up and hung his feet over the edge of the bed. He had been laying down for so long, he had to remember how to walk again. He flintched a little as he felt the soft carpet under his feet. Sending a stretch through his whole body, he slumped toward the bathroom. As his feet touched the cold tile floor, he closed his eyes. He remebered the day Louis picked out the tiles they wanted to replace the old ones they had. Harry squinted his eyes as he turned on the bathroom light. He had stayed in darkness for three weeks, and had to adjust to the light again. The lighted made the blue and white tiles glicen, putting a huge smile on Louis' face. The night they put them in, was one of the best nights they had.