"You did well." I tell him. "You did really well. Where did you get this from? I haven't seen anyone wear this since Naomi Campbell wore it on the runway in twenty some years "

"It's the very same one." My mouth drops at her words. "I had it altered."

"Elgin?" I cover my mouth in shock, "Tell me you didn't."

"But I did." He grins at me and I slap the back of his head. "What the hell?"

"You should have had a copy made." I purse my lips as I step infront of the mirror. "You don't mess with the originals, it was perfect before."

"No." Ginuwine wraps his arm around my waist and looks at me through the mirror. "It's perfect now."

"I love you." I look back at his face with a smile. 

"I love you." He lightly cups the side of my face and presses his lips against mine. I turn my body slightly so that I'm facing him and I wrap my arms around his neck as I pull him in closer. "Alright, that's enough."

I furrow my brows at him and he pecks my lips.

"We're running late." He lets out a nervous laugh and I slowly nod as I walk away from him to fetch my shoes.

An hour later we are walking the red carpet of the BET Awards and all eyes are on us. I used to attend the award show back when I was dating Elgin and I was styling a lot of the hip hop stars back then. Once Elgin and I divorced, I stopped receiving an invite to the show and it became the Love and Hip Hop show.

The outfit that I'm wearing isn't one that I would wear to this show but since I haven't attended in six years, why not make an entrance.

"KIM!"

"GINUWINE!"

Elgin loosley wraps his arm around my waist as we pose on the carpet. We move further down as the newer stars start walking the carpet.

"How are you feeling?" Elgin quietly asks and I squeeze his hand in return, letting him know that I'm ok. 

I would speak but I know that the paparazzi are always trying to get the worst of you to make headlines. I've learnt from my mistakes especially when it comes down to eating in public.

I can see a few reporters trying to get us to do an interview but these are also the same reporters who used to bash me back in the day

I can see a few reporters trying to get us to do an interview but these are also the same reporters who used to bash me back in the day. As much as I loved dating Ginuwine, I got a lot of hate for not being Aaliyah and for not being black.

"Kim, can we j--" 

"No." I cut them off as I grab a hold of Elgin's hand as we walk past the reporter who called me a culture vulture. Elgin bursts out  laughing as the reporters face drops. 

Once we got inside the venue, we only had five minutes to socialise before the show started. I smile as I watch Ciara perform her latest song which obviously has everyone up on their feet. .

"They need to be organising your tribute." I say to Elgin as I think back to when Smokey Robinson had his tribute and it was honestly so beautiful to watch. I really wish that I got invited since I have met Smokey quite a few times but at least I got to watch it live at home.

As the show is nearing the end, Elgin disappears off to the toilet, leaving me alone. Janelle Monae is currently performing PYNK and I am living for it.

"We're going to spice it y'all." Janelle speaks as the instrumental changes and my mouth drops as Diddy, Loon, Mario Winans and Elgin grace the stage causing everyone to scream.

I stand to my feet along with many others as Diddy starts rapping, a smile grows on my face as I spot his sons Justin and Christian dancing in the background.

Yeah, is that bounce right here
Time to move on, time to be strong
Don't stop now, straight to the top now
Someone who truly understands
How to treat a man
This is what I need

Elgin looks over at me and winks which makes my heart flutter. I was not prepared to see Elgin perfom tonight and I'm just hoping that he doesn't do anything too crazy.

Girl you made me believe again
don't stop now straight to the top now
Go 'head mommy make it hot now
I need me a love that's 'gon make my heart stop now
And what I need is simple, five foot five with dimples
Potential wife credentials
Know about the life I'm into, life I've been through
And how I had a trifilin' mental
So ride with me, G Force fly with me
Times get hard cry with me, die with me
White beach sands lye with me
My advice is forget the limelight

So tight, now I understand life

All eyes are on me as Elgin starts singing to me. 

What I need (Yeah take that)
Is a pretty woman next to me (A pretty woman yeah baby)
To share the dreams that I believe (Dream with me, believe in me)
Maybe we could start a family (Start a family baby)
Someone who truly understands, how to treat a man
This is what I need

As the song nears an end, a member of security walks over to me. I furrow my brows as he tells me to come backstage. I would much rather stay and watch the rest of the performance but if I have to go then I will. Elgin blows me a kiss which I return as I follow behind the man. 

This is what I need
Is a pretty woman next to me
A pretty woman next to me
To share the dreams that I believe
When I wake up in the morning
Maybe we could start a family
I wanna see your pretty face
Someone who truly understands, how to treat a man
Oh yeah oh yeah
This is what I need

"We need you to go on stage." A woman says as she adjusts the beret on my head.

I shake my head, "Oh hell no."

I'm not someone who really likes to go on stage. Ginuwine would usually give me alcohol before I would be dragged on stage. Even though I run my own business, I am more of a behind the scenes type of girl.

Elgin surprises me by coming backstage and pulling me onto the stage. I was going to scold him but I realised that the performance is still going on.

Elgin pulls me close and sings the rest of the song to me.

A pretty woman next to me
To share the dreams that I believe
When I wake up in the morning
Baby we started a family
I wanna see your pretty face
Someone who truly understands, how to treat a man

This is what I need

I cup Elgin's face as I pull him in for a loving kiss. Being serenaded by Ginuwine is still the most amazing thing and knowing that I married him still shocks me to this day. 

Even though I am his ex wife and mother to all five of his children, I am still a fangirl at heart.

"Kim, I have a question for you." I burst into tears as Elgin gets down on one knee. "Kim..."

"Elgin." I cover my mouth in shock as he gives me a lovingly look. He just stays down on one knee, smiling up at me as I try to stop myself from crying. I'm about to look a hot mess on national television but as long as the love of my life is there, it doesn't matter to me.

"Elgin." I look down at the ring and it is a beautiful one. "Are you being serious?"

"As serious as I can ever be." He grabs a hold of my left hand. "Kimberly Noel Kardashian, will you marry me?"

"Yes." I nod as I bend down to his height, pulling him in for a very passionate kiss. The whole room erupts in cheers but I pay them no mind as I stay wrapped up in the arms Elgin, the man of my dreams and the love of my life.