Chapter 14: The Foiled Hijinx

Start from the beginning

"They changed the time, guys. They're already taking me upstate," Stockman said.

"Oh no, they're not!"

"That's Bebop, the warthog mutant," Mikey said.

"We're on our way, boss," another said.

"And Rocksteady, the rhino mutant," Mikey added. Delilah nodded.

"Donnie, use your personal walkie to tell Casey to get off the next exit and go backroads."

"On it!" Donnie stated.

"Donnie to Jones, get off of the next exit and go backroads. Delilah found Stockman communicating with Bebop and Rocksteady over channel 17, and they're planning on coming now. Over," Donnie explained. Casey glanced at Vincent.

"I'll do that. Vincent is currently checking that station. Over," Casey responded. Vincent gasped as she heard the conversation. She spoke into her personal walkie as well.

"Good eye, Delilah. And thank you for the rerouting suggestion, Donnie. Over," Vincent stated.

"Not a problem, Chief. Over," Delilah said.

"You're welcome. Taking the back roads will take approximately half an hour more, but better safe. Over," Donnie explained. Vincent agreed.

♦️♦️♦️

Donnie kept an ear out for whenever Stockman told his mutants about a change. Whenever he told them they went to the backroads, they switched to the highway. Whenever he told them they went to the highway, they switched to the backroads.

Delilah went to the back with Raph, Dill, and Mikey. She found the mini-fridge and immediately searched it. She sighed happily when she found a few bottles of Starbucks' on-the-go drinks.

"You guys know how to stock up," she smiled as she opened the glass bottle. "I love these things." Mikey looked at her, chuckling.

"Don't you like your own coffee?" Mikey asked.

"I mean, I do, but when I don't, I have these," she responded. She finished it, then grabbed another.

"Dee, slow down, it's nearly midnight," Dill warned.

"Hey, night time is turtle time. You can fight me on this," Delilah responded before downing half of the second one.

Raph grabbed Delilah's arm and stopped her from finishing it too fast.

"What'd you do that for?"

"You also have chocolate. Did you bring the last of it?" Raph asked her. She rolled her eyes and went to the passenger seat. She came back with the bag.

"I have the minis and half of the Hershey drops left," she responded.

"Finish the coffee and then have those, I don't know how much pure caffeine you can take."

"I work in a coffee shop. I know my limits," she laughed. She took another sip. "It's 21 large drinks, in case you were curious."

"I highly doubt that, Dee," Donnie said from the driver seat.

"The average human can drink 50 to 100 cups of coffee before dying," Delilah stated.