Haruna used her body to push all of them into the tight space. She carefully balanced the basket against her hip and jammed her finger into a button. She moved away from the door as it slid close. Even when the doors finally shut, they could still hear the loud noise that was the journalists.

Kimi cupped a hand over his mouth and plastered his back to the wall, finding solace in the corner of the lift. He squeezed his eyes shut and counted the dings of the lift as they moved up. When it finally stopped, it slid open and everyone walked out.

“Let’s go.” Silver slowly removed his hands from Kimi’s wrist. “Take slow breaths and you’ll be okay.”

Kimi waved a hand and walked out. He held his head back like he was swallowing drugs and inhaled deeply. His eyes slowly shifted open. He dropped his hand, his eyes drinking in the bustling of the hospital.

“Wait here. Let me just find what room she’s in.” Haruna quickly shuffled towards a nurse and asked for Dae-yang’s room number. She nodded in thanks and turned to a hallway. “This way.”

*

Blinding white walls, upon blinding white walls filled the hallways, the bright light bulbs over their heads shining bright against the white tiles. The only sound that could be heard was the symphony of clanging instruments and the squeaking of shoes against the preen tiles. Various clashing smells oozed out of every room, soiling the senses of everyone. Kimi held an arm to his nose, an uncomfortable look on his face.

Haruna looked from door to door, looking for the right number. “This one,” she whispered, pointing at a door. They stopped before it and she carried the basket in a hand, raising a fist so she could knock on the door. “Hello? Dae-yang? It’s Doctor Vdélla and a few of your schoolmates.”

A quiet shuffle was heard before the door was pulled open. They dropped their gazes on the little boy who walked out. He blinked his bloodshot eyes, his pouty lips parted. The boy rushed back into the room, leaving the door open for them.

They silently walked in. Haruna moved straight to the table that was beside the bed and the siblings followed. She placed the basket on it, rasing a brow at the empty bed.

“Um...” She moved her head to the other bed where the boy was sat in and asked, “where’s Dae-yang?”

He bristled a little and pointed at the bathroom’s door. Haruna nodded at him and hurried to the door, complaining under her breath. She knocked on it before entering.

Kimi stared at the boy with heavy eyes. He raised a hand and traced the area under his eye, his eyes stuck on the little dark circles that were under the boy’s eyes. This boy, he thought. What had he gone through? What had he seen? Is he like me? He pressed a fist to his chest, feeling pity for the boy whose breath was as silent as nothing, his tiny arms hugging his small legs to himself. Poor boy.

Kimi fiddled with his fingers, sucking on his top lip. He scuffled closer to the boy and carefully sat on the bed. “Um... Hello,” he said in a tiny voice.

The boy shuddered, pressing his face to his knees.

Silver and the siblings watched as Kimi weirdly rubbed his palms against his trouser, holding his breath. Kimi softly cleared his throat and sideglanced at the boy.

“Uh... Hi. Uh... How... are you?”

The boy flinched and Kimi bit his bottom lip, fisting his hand on his lap.