I'm sorry...

Tifa and Cloud were walking into the shopping district. It was bustling about with people as always. Cloud was looking for someplace new to eat, as for Tifa she was trying to figure out how she was going to tell Cloud that she likes him. Cloud tugged on Tifa's arm to get her attention.

"Huh? What is it Cloud?"

"I found a place where we can eat!"

Tifa looks at a the kind of shabby tent that could use a bit of a makeover. But she didn't mind as she followed Cloud into the tent. Once they were seated, they sat from across from each other. Tifa sighs happily, looking at Cloud with a smile. Cloud smiles back at her. He asks her,

"Tifa you got something on your mind? It seems like you do."

He chuckles, and so does Tifa.

"Well, yeah I do."

"Well, what is it?"

Tifa sighs, thinking to her self, well it's now or never!

"Cloud...I like you. I liked you after a few weeks of knowing you! I...I'm just wondering if you like me as well?"

Cloud froze in place. Tifa was wondering if he felt the same or he was struck with what she said. Most likely the latter.

"Tifa..Look.."

Tifa looks into his eyes, listening in on every word he had to say.

"You're..a nice gal, and you're my friend! But..I'm sorry... I..don't feel the same.. I..I like somebody else."

Tifa felt her heart shatter. He doesn't like her back? She has to get more information out of him, or at least try.

"Then..who do you like? If..it's not me?"

"Originally I was married to the wind, the adventure...You already knew that. But, I like Lightning."

Tifa nods her head. She didn't want to make a scene so she kept her self sitting down, trying to hold back tears. He fell for a girl that he barely knows instead of a girl that he known since, forever? She sighs, and looks at Cloud.

"Hey, mind if I go use the restroom?"

"No, go ahead."

Cloud was looking the other way, Tifa making a break for the door. She was running as fast as she could. She felt like the air in there was stifling. She was running as far as she could, running into an alleyway. She sat down, hiding behind a trash can crying quietly. She couldn't compose herself to go back in there. While crying, she heard rustling in the deeper part of the alleyway. She stopped crying and looked as to see who it was. As if her day couldn't get any worse, it was Sephiroth himself! She tried to hide as best as she could, behind the trash can. Sephiroth had a few bags in his hands, and he was about to walk past her but she let out a quick sob. He quickly looked towards the source of the sound. Seeing Tifa, hiding behind the trash can. He tilts his head, looking at her.

"Tifa Lockhart?"

She backed up into the wall, as best as she could. Damn, death while crying. That's one shitty way to go out. Sephiroth puts down his bags and looked at Tifa.

"Tifa why are you here? This scene isn't..like you. Maybe Aerith sure but not you."

Tifa looks away, sniffling loudly. He sighs, taking out tissues. He looks at her

"Look, can we have a truce for a moment? Let alone, I can't kill you. Not because I'm being nice but my weapon is back at my house. Didn't think I would run into you or Cloud, or anyone else really."

Sephiroth sat down next to her, handing her the tissues. Tifa looks at the tissues and grabbed it, blowing her nose into it.

"T..Thanks.."

"Now.. what happened?"

"...I..Confessed my feelings to Cloud.."

"Oh, what did he say?"

"...He likes Lightning, not me."

She starts to tear up and crying quietly into her hands. He sighs and pats her back.

"I'm sorry to hear that Tifa. Do you need somewhere else to stay for the night? I would assume that you can't be in the same room as them two for the moment."

Tifa quickly snaps her head to him, eyes widen a bit.

"D-Didn't you say that your weapon is there?"

"Still truce. Once morning hits and you leave, you and I are enemies. Understand me?"

Tifa sniffles and nods her head. He nods his head and gets up, grabbing his bags.

"Get up and follow me. We aren't far off from my place anyway."

Tifa nods her head and gets up, cleaning the dirt off of her and quickly follows him.