Ch2 • A

۞ Blinded by Mirage ۞

𝙽𝚘𝚠 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚁𝚎𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙱𝚢 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚢♫ (𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚜 𝚞𝚠𝚞)

"Look, I know how straightforward you are with decisions, but have you really stopped and thought about all this? Like, really thought long and hard?" Jared asked, eyes following mark's pacing figure in their basement hangout place.

Mark stops pacing around, removing the finger he was nibbling on from his mouth. He looks at the slick black haired teen sat on the sofa. "I've thought of this more times a day than I should, Jared. How else would I be so sure and determined?"

"I don't know, it's just" Jared looks around, trying to find the right words to say. "It's just, hard to digest, y'know? I mean, yeah it's not impossible to do, but, fucking hell, it's gonna cost us a lot, man" he takes a gulp from his beer after talking, thinking it would help.

"I know, bro. But imagine it, just imagine it, man. We've always thought of going for something bigger, and this is our shot to achieve that. It's a close aim, baby, don't let it go to waste" Mark chuckles, grabbing the beer in his friend's hands and downing it all on his own.

Jared looks torn in between, from one end to the other. Like a needle contemplating which side of the thread to fall through. Rubbing his palms together, he looked at the older.

"We can go for something bigger, but what about the consequences? The cops, dude. I don't wanna fucking go to jail"

Mark rolls his eyes. "We'll work that out somehow"

Jared raises his eyebrow. "Oh yeah? How?"

"Connection expansion" Mark starts, fumbling with the beer bottle. "We'll find a way to heighten our resources to get the things we need to not get in trouble" he explained casually, moving to the ping pong table to light up a cigarette.

The latter blinks. "Okay, I know you're smart and all, but can you please speak in a simpler language? You know, something that I could understand?"

Mark sighs, looking at him with a dead pan. "What I meant was, we need to find someone who could help us"

Jared looks at him boredly, chin rested on his palm. "And how do you suppose we do that? And-and how are you sure we can trust anyone at this point? We're gonna shoot up a whole  fucking school, Mark, how are you so sure they're not gonna back stab us?"

He stood up, walking towards the older. Mark handed him the pack of cigarettes, raising the lighter up for him. "I have a few people in mind, but I'm not 100% sure they're trustable, we still have to study them" he says while doing so.

Jared puffs out smoke, tilting his head in confusion. "They? Who are they?"

"Jesus Christ, Jared, so many questions. Save some for later" Mark chuckles, leaning against the ping pong table.

"Sorry, Mr Bonkers, not my fault you're dragging me into my downfall"
Mark looks at him blankly. "I am not, dragging you into a shit hole, smart-ass. We won't fuck it up if we do it right, okay?"