Chapter 7

I opened my eyes not recognizing where I was. where am I? The last thing I remember was teasing my mate through the window. I smelt breakfast and a hint of hazelnut. Coffee? Coffee sounds really good.. I stretched my arms over the covers and rolled over with my face in the pillow next to me.. Taking in a deep breath.. Layton.. How did he get me here without waking me up? I got up and walked to the kitchen. There he was, his muscles flexed, no shirt and a pair of black sweatpants. he heard me walk into the room and turned around holding a plate of food and a glass of orange juice. He sat it on the bar in front of me, smiled and nodded his head. no words, no explanation on why he brought me here.

'Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me Palmer."

"It's just out of respect, you didn't have to cook. But why did you bring me here?"

"My brother told me i could take you.. So that I could try to convince you to not reject me, to love me."

"Your brother?"

"yes..Cohan."

"Your brother is Cohan? Why didn't anyone tell me this?"

"Cohan didn't know until last night when you told him I had a tribal tattoo like his. He midlinked to me and told me to take you, that he knew you were safe.That you needed me."

"I don't need you...I need my pack I need to get back to my pack."

Cohan walked into the kitchen.

"Cohan? Why the hell didn't you tell me he was your brother when I told you about the tattoo?"

"I wanted him to tell you, he is your mate Luna, he respects you enough to tell you."

" I need to come back to the pack, I need-"

I stood up to walk to Laytons room to get dressed, Cohan pushed my shoulder down and I sat back in my seat.

"No Luna as your best friend and best warrior , I'm asking you to stay with Layton.."

I narrowed my brows at Cohan.

"For at least a week."

"A week?No no no no no, Not happening!"

Cohan looked at me with a look of disappointment.

"Please Luna? Your Mom, Addie and I have it under control. You can always come back but at least stay with Layton, if anything happens I'll mid link you."

I sighed knowing that Cohan wouldn't lead me wrong nor my mother and addie. I secretly did want to stay with Layton...I took a deep breath.

"Ok, I'll stay." Layton looked up surprised and Cohan patted Layton's shoulder.

"Good, well I guess I will see you guys later. Soph, Call me if you need me. Have fun you guys."

    Cohan walked out of the front door. Layton looked up at me as I got down from the bar stool.

"are you looking at me?"

"maybe." he smiled. I walked over to him, he turned around, his back facing the bar and he put his hands on the bar top.

"were you an Alpha?"

"I was, and then a war hit our pack and split up my family. My sister Emma, Is now the Luna of our pack."

"Why didn't you go back? Why didn't Cohan go back?"

"For you, to find you. You're more important than my own pack Luna." He brushed back my hair and caressed my jawline.

"And what about Cohan?"

"I don't know, maybe he just felt like he fit in here. He cares about you. Your his best friend.. family."

I walked away, and into the living room. Looking at all the books on the shelf.

"You read?"

"mmhmm" he walked up behind me and grabbed my hips.

"and you have a cat?" a little bluish grey and white cat jumped on the chair.

he pulled me closer. I took in his scent, my wolf was purring ready to be taken by our mate. I walked into his room, sliding off his t-shirt he had lended me,

"are you taunting me Palmer?" I turned and smiled.

"Are you watching me?"

"Yes."

"Then you have your answer." I walked over to the bed.waving my finger in a come here motion. He walked to me with devouring golden eyes. there was no denying it, He wanted me and I wanted him. He pushed his hardness on my waist. He brushed his lips to mine.