“How dare you make me look like such a monster in front of those people? Do you know that I could have your visa taken from you like that?” She snapped in the girl’s face causing her to flinch. When Carla had gotten the reaction and fear she sought out for she smiled and her aura changed entirely, “Lin, sweetie, I understand that you have been under a lot of pressure. Trust me, we all have. I know it’s hard being in a new country and on top of caring for two, perfect and beautiful children you are studying to someday become a doctor. But listen, if you want what we have to offer you will do as I say. Ok?”

Lin quickly forgot why it was she had been out and raised courage to speak with the monster of the house. She went days, sometimes weeks, without speaking to Carla and it always took her that long to forget why. Bowing her head and running off quickly she pledged that someday she would be making enough money to overcome the White household. When that day came it would have been more rewarding than her graduation from med school.

Very rarely did Carla force herself to become a monster in front of others, including simple minded movers and decorators, but she knew sometimes as a pregnant woman, it was necessary. Anytime she did something morally questionable, including the belittling of a sweet nanny from China, she could easily push it onto something else. Her favorite excuse recently had become pregnancy and outside of that it was her sister.

She walked out from the pool house casually and over to her little Coach purse. Inside was an early release of the newest Apple iPhone with a little light blinking. She’d been waiting hours for Duke to reply back to her advances. It was entirely too satisfactory that the man who had devoted himself to a life with her disgusting Amazon of a sister would turn to her luscious ways despite bearing the child of another man. It was in moments like these that Carla Persephone-White knew there was nothing she could not have.

To enjoy the moment even more, Carla read over the entire conversation first before the exciting new text that had just come in.

Carla – I am so glad you gave me your number! You just seem like such a sweet guy <3

Duke – No problem babe! It’s always a pleasure to text such a fine lady as yourself ;)

Carla - *Blush*

Carla -  U R just sayin’ that!

Duke – Why would I lie to you?

Carla – Sorry, I am just so used to being lied to.

Carla – Crap, I said too much. Forget all that.

Duke – What?! Who would like to u?

Carla – Maybe I am jealous someone like Francesca could get a genuine man.

Duke – Aren’t you married?

Carla – I guess you could say that.

Carla – Sigh…

Duke – It’s a shame we didn’t meet first. Fate is cruel.

Carla – Well, we know each other now… ;)

This was where the new text had come in. Excitement over her next win sent a surge of electricity throughout her body. Her sister would lose the second man she had loved. Nothing and no one would have ratted on her for her naughty behavior. Even if her little schemes were to be leaked her number could change and tears could sway any judge and jury.

Duke – Maybe we should party sometime…?