Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

“Francesca, why are you trying so hard to fight me?”

She knew his voice was familiar and it was still being blocked. While it was her mind, her memories and her thoughts, Frankie’s mind was putty under the will of this thing, this mystery voice. This place was dark. It was familiar to Frankie but much like his voice she didn’t know where she had seen it before.

Her body was cold and she was surrounded by the night. Near her were free standing figures, much like ruins of an old city and scattered at her feet were bones. The bones ran for miles and miles up the rolling hills of the valley they were in. She was sitting with her feet and hands neatly together in her white, work scrubs.

The voice was before her but without a face. Instead of its wolf form, it was human.  She strained her eyes to make it out and discover the identity of the man who had done this to her and yet each time she felt she was getting close to adjusting to the darkness her eyes betrayed her and the world went blurry again.

“You ruined my life. I will kill you, you son of a b…” before she could finish, the blood from her heart started to become acidic. Quickly it surged through her limbs and into her head and yet instead of screaming out in horrific pain as she so wanted, her jaw shut tight. The muscled cramped and she ground her teeth so hard she was sure they would turn to dust in her mouth.

Blood from her tongue provided her the iron taste she had grown to love when devouring her meat and yet she wanted to throw up all in the same. As quickly as the pain had come it left. Frankie fell to the ground and tugged at the cloth over her chest. Her lungs were grasping for every bit of air she could take in as she coughed the hot blood out from her mouth down her chin and onto the white of the bones below her.

Laughs came from the man. Frankie held back with all her will not to attack him seeing as his control over her. She gripped a handful of the dirt which the skull near her palm had been struggling to hold onto and dropped is slowly as she stood. The scent of the area was sparking something of a memory.

Red hair. She could see red hair.

It was blocked again and she sat on the stone she’d been on before.

“You will learn to obey me in time.”

“I will do no such thing.”

She could tell he was humored by her. The continuous chuckling was not only causing her rage to rise in a nearly uncontrollable way but she wanted to rip out of her own skin and let the beast take over.

“You are unique, Francesca. That’s why I chose you. Once you finally give in you will see the plans I have made for you are glorious. What we will create is beyond all inferior comprehension.”

“Screw you. I would rather eat dirt.” Frankie stood and turned to walk away when he placed a hand on her shoulder. His hand was cold, very cold and his fingers were long and pale.

“You will give in to me.”

She could tell his words were to entrance her and yet unlike the other tricks he could play on her mind, this was not one of them.

“Nice try but your Jedi mind tricks cannot work on my free will. Take a hike!”

She pushed him off and felt her body flying back into itself. Covered in a very hot sweat and a steaming room from her body heat, Frankie felt her body fly forward and then off the bed onto the floor. Her chest had been racing up and down gasping for air and the pain was lingering from his trick.