four. birthday bash

Start from the beginning

"one more." i begged shawn, watching him shake his head and walk over to the light switches, switching off the recording booths lights. "no, that's all you can hear right now. besides, we have to get ready for sophie's party." he responded, reaching his hand out to help me off the couch, making me gladly accept it. i groaned, throwing my head back as i followed him out of the room.

after staying at shawn's place last night, he invited me to come with him to his studio to hear some of his songs off his new album, and let me tell you, they're pretty good.

"i planned that whole damn party and paige and clara are supposed to be there setting up in like an hour. we don't need to rush." i mumbled, grabbing shawn's hand as we walked down the hallway.

"yeah, but i wanna see you in the dress you bought for it." he smirked as he looked down at me, giving my hand a quick squeeze. i sarcastically scoffed, rolling my eyes.

as we got closer to the main glass doors, at least forty people standing outside the doors came into view. "how the fuck did they find us?" shawn asked his manager, andrew, as he walked up behind us. "i guess fans saw you and posted it somewhere. it's okay, everything will be alright. just hold sarah's hand and lead her through the mob." andrew ordered, walking in front of us and opening the doors.

bright flashes immediately started going off, making it hard to see where i was walking. i held on to shawn's hand as we pushed through the crowd, probably squeezing too hard from being so overwhelmed. people shouted numerous things at us, questioning who i was and stuff.

"who's the girl?"

"is this your new girlfriend, shawn?"

"were you working on a new album?"

"introduce us to your girlfriend?"

once we reached the black suv, shawn opended the door for me, practically pushing me into the back seat as he climbed in behind me. "thank you everyone for coming out. shawn has some things he has to do tonight so he can't talk right now. please respect his privacy at this time. thank you!" andrew announced before he opened the passenger seat door and climbed in, slamming the door behind him.

the car ride back to shawn's was quiet, mostly because i was scared to say anything to him since he stared at the window the whole time, remaining dead silent. "that was crazy." i finally spoke up once we walked into shawn's kitchen, watching him open the fridge and grab a beer. he twisted the bottle cap off.

"yeah and it was at the wrong time, too." he mumbled, his face starting to get red from frustration. i raised an eyebrow, partially confused by what he meant by that. "what?" i questioned, walking over to the kitchen island and setting my phone and wrislet down.

"i mean, i'm just not ready for everyone to know i'm in a relationship. i don't even know if that would be good for us." he responded, taking a sip of his beer and looking down at the floor after. "not good for us? what the fuck is that supposed to mean?" i rudely asked, crossing my arms over my chest as i waited for his answer.

"sarah, we met literally three days ago and we already decided to be dating. don't you think that's a little too fast?" he spat, looking at me for a brief second before walking away, heading towards the stairs.

"you're joking, right?" i scoffed, only being answered with complete silence as i followed him up the staircase and into his bedroom, shutting his door behind me, knowing his roommates may be home. "you know what's funny?" i started as i watched him sit on his bed, setting the beer bottle on the hardwood floor as he rested his elbows on his knees and burried his face into his hands.

"the fact that you were the one who wanted to be with me. obviously i wanted to be with you too, but i'm the one who said we shouldn't rush into things. if this is about me not wanting to have sex with you yet-" i said, but suddenly being interrupted by shawn. "this has nothing to do with that. i respect you and your wishes, i am nowhere near upset about that." he responded, his voice started to raise a tiny bit.