7

[ 07

[ 07. IN HARM'S  WAY]

"You know, San would be so proud of you right now. Traveling the world with the Avatar? He would've loved that!" Their uncle said, as you were back to the living room, eating.

"We actually need to get back to the Avatar, to the upped ring. We are supposed to be helping her find airbenders in Ba Sing Se" Mako explained and smiled.

They all gasped.

"What? What is it?" you asked and furrowed your eyebrows.

"One of our neighbors started airbending about a week ago. But a couple days later, two Dai Li Agents come out of nowhere and snatch him up. No one has seen him since" Their uncle stated and you felt my heart skipping a beat.

"They say the Earth Queen is locking all the airbenders up somewhere, using them for experiments" Tu said, gazing out of the window.

"Tu! Don't talk like that about her majesty!" Yin warned and whispered, "May her reign be great"

"My brother is out there!" you panicked and placed a hand over your mouth.

"We have to get back to the upper ring and tell Korra!" Mako said and stood up fast. He helped you get up and Bolin sighed sadly.

"I hope Kai is okay"

"But.. Y/n, you are hurt. I don't think it's a good idea to leave now" Yin said and looked at you.

"I don't care, I have to make sure my brother is safe."

-

"I got them! These passports are going to get you to the upper ring!" Tu yelled and bursted into the house. He went out to get you passports.

"Awsome! You are the best cousin a guy can have!" Bolin said and smiled. "And my other cousins as well.. yeah. You're all the best!"

"Thanks. I know this wasn't easy" Mako thanked his cousin, who handed him the passports. Bolin helped you get up and you leaned on him for support.

"It's such a same you three must leave so soon" Yin stated sadly.

"I wish we could stay. But if it's true, the earth queen is forcing airbenders into her army, we have to do something about it. Y/n's brother is an airbender and we have to find him before the Dai Li catches him" Mako explained and glanced at you.

"I love you both. Come visit again. You too Y/n, you are a sweetheart. I hope your brother is okay" Yin said and hugged you.

"Thank you so much. You have all been so kind and welcoming"

"We will grandma. I love you too. And Tsau and Tu and Meng-Meng and Tsau junior. And big Tee and little Tee and medium Yiou and.. what were your name again?" Bolin said and named every single one of his cousins.

-

You finally arrived at the upper ring, Mako wrapped his arm around your waist and you limped until you got back to the house you were staying.

"Mako, Bolin! Y/n?" Asami said with concern. "What happened? Were have you been?!"

"We- we chase Kai.. Train.. Slipped away.. Lower Ring.. Slept in trash pile... Met our family.. Grandma tears.. Mako's scarf.. Earth Queen lying..." Bolin tried explain, breathing heavily and then collapsed on the ground.

"Basically, I twisted my ankle" You said and sighed. "Oh I could try to heal it, but not completely" Korra offered and you nodded smiling.

"Wait.. can you interpret that? About the Queen?"

"The earth queen is been secretly taking airbenders and forcing them into her army" Mako said, still holding you.

"She was lying! I knew it! I swear, next time I see her I'll-

"It's the queen" Asami said and you all turned around. Bolin put Pabu in his shirt.

"Good. You're all here. Gan tell them the news" She ordered bossily.

"We perceived word from the Yang province. There are been reports of airbenders there"

"Wonderful, isn't it? It's very thing you've been looking for"

"Thank you. That is just the most wonderful news.. ever. Yay" Korra lied.

"I guess you and your friends here, you'll be leaving immediately- " The queen said and then sneezed multiple times. Yeah, there is no way you were leaving without Kai.

"Is there an animal in my presence?!" The queen yelled and grabbed Gan from his shirt's collar.

"N-no your majesty. I would never allow an aninal near you!" Gan trembled. 

"If I find one withing fifteen feet of me, it's your head!" She screamed and kept sneezing.
"Anyway, if you need any assistance packing let Gan know. We will help you to get on your way by evening" she added.

"Uh.. this evening? I'm not sure about leaving so soon" Korra said anxiously.

"Because our airship has been having engine trouble. It will take me until tomorrow to finish the repairs" Asami lied and smiled innocently.

The queen seemed to believe it and left without asking anything else. "Thank you for buying us some time" Korra said to Asami.

-

"Alright. Let's fix you up" Korra said and bended some water with her hands and then placed it on your injured ankle. You felt relieved.

"Remeber, this is just going to reduce the swelling and it won't heal completely. So you definitely need to rest"

"Korra, thank you. Really. Thank all of you, actually. For everything" You said and glanced everybody sitting around of the table.

"No need to thank us. You are a part of the team Avatar! You're family now" Bolin smiled. Jinora came close to you and gave you a hug.

"I can't believe the earth queen is conscripting airbenders!" Tenzin said and huffed.

"They should not be forced to join an army!" Korra agreed, sitting on a chair.