"Let's go. I've been sitting here for hours now."

I heard them laugh and their heavy steps fading. I removed my hand from my mouth and held the knob again. Although I'm sure they have left, I still waited for a few minutes before slowly opening the door.

Heart beating loud in nervousness, and hands trembling in fear, I don't know how I could still manage to stand on my feet. Closing the doors behind me, a narrow corridor greeted me. It was well-lighted and also looked fancy, far from being ruggy and dusty like what I have expected.

I sighed and just turned to where I think the two men left for the exit. With small and quiet steps, I reached the stairs which seemed to lead outside. I could feel the cold air blowing and I gulped as it hit me. I'm on a yacht!

I looked around to see if there is anyone out there and when I sure there wasn't, I quickly ran up the stairs.

Actually, after knowing where I was, I don't know what to do next. Earlier, when I think of escaping from them, I was expecting I was in their safehouse. But now, how could I possibly escape when I'm surrounded by water?!

There was no escape here.

Frustrated, I could feel my eyes welling up in tears. Questions started to flood my mind as I try to stop myself from breaking down. In the middle of the nowhere, I am kidnapped by unknown men.

Why is this even happening? Why am I in this situation? Did I do something wrong? Do I owe them anything? If I do, then do they have to come this far?

"There she is!" Someone shouted.

My head turned to the man and saw men from different directions coming at me. I don't know what I was thinking when I ran away from them. I know either way they could still catch me still and lock me up in that room. However, my dauntless side refuses to give up a fight.

I ran until I reached the other end of the yacht, stopping by the railings above the waters. My breathing hitched as I looked down on the pitch black sea, the wind blowing my hair and their footsteps nearing me. Hearing their faint voices, my tears fell on the seawaters.

Is this the end?

"Stop right there!"

If I jump now, will I be able to survive? If they catch me, will I be able to live?

Either way, they both lead to the same end.

I closed my eyes and loosened my hold from the steel railings. Leaning forward, I let my body fall into the water.

I waited until I fall. I was expecting the cold water drowning my whole body but a pair of arms suddenly caught me from behind and pulled me away from the edge.

Shocked and scared, I shot my eyes open and struggled to get away from his hold. My tears kept falling as I tried. The man loosened his hold but did not let go of me completely so I tried to run away towards the edge again but he caught me again and this time he pulled me, making me face him.

And as if the heavens heard my prayer and everything was just dream, an angel appeared before me.

"Jungkook..."

Even with tears in my eyes, I'm sure I saw him clearly. Is this a dream? Am I just hallucinating now?

"Yes... It's me," he said hoarsely, his face etched with worry and pain.

I heaved upon hearing him say. This is not a dream. He is really in front of me. I smiled at him, glad that he is here. However, I wasn't able to say anything as everything around me, including him, slowly faded from my sight until all I could see was nothing.

~*~

I woke up to the gentleness of someone's touch, stroking my hair to the side and fingers softly gracing the side of my face. Slowly, I fluttered my eyes open and saw an image of a man.

My eyes squinted as I try to look at him while he continues to stroke my hair. It took me a while before I fully adjusted to the lighting of the room and saw the man clearly.

His fiery gaze were the first ones that caught my eyes. His thick brows were almost meeting and his lips parted as he looked down on me.

Jungkook.

My mind call out his name as I continue stare at him while he looks down on me. He did not say a word even when he saw me awake. He stopped stroking my hair though and shifted on the bed, slightly moved a little away from me.

I don't know but that was kind of disappointing.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, still with the same mad gaze but in a calm tone.

I gulped. My throat felt dry but I tried to speak. "How..."

I wanted to ask how did he get here and what happened but my throat did not let me. He shook his head and stood up from the bed making me jolt up in panic that he'll leave.

"Wait..." I said. He looked back on me and rushed back as I struggle sitting up.

"Just stay down. You don't have to force yourself to get up," he told me as he held my arm and supported my back.

He sighed heavily when I was already sitting up. "Stay here," he said and turned around but my I quickly grabbed the hem of his shirt making him stop.

He looked at my hand that was still holding his shirt before he fixed his gaze on me. I swallowed hard at the sight of his brooded eyes.

"W-where are you going?" I stuttered, still not letting him go. I don't have any idea what is happening right now but knowing that he's here, then maybe I'm already safe. But, I don't want him to leave.

My eyes watered as my mind recalled the incident when those men came and took me. I was really helpless that time that thinking of it now makes me pity myself.

I was close to breaking down when I felt his hand over my hand. I let go of his shirt and let him hold my hand. He went down on the level of my eyes, his other hand cupped my face and wiped the tears that escaped.

He looked straight into me before he spoke. "Don't worry. You're safe now. I'm here. I'll protect you."