New Beginnings II

New Beginnings II: How to Feed a Demon Baby

Kokichi opened her eyes again. She was met with an unfamiliar woman who was looming over her. Kokichi shot her eyes open.

So, it wasn't a dream after all, huh? Kokichi thought in disbelief. She tries to move her body. No luck. Kokichi grimace.

"Ah! Mikan! You woke her up!" the brunette exclaimed frantically in a whisper. "and she doesn't look too happy. Oh no, what if she starts crying! The lord will have our heads!"

"I-I'm sorry! Uh-!" The other woman, Mikan is what the other girl called her, stammered as she panics. She then tries to physically close Kokichi's eyes but with no avail. Obviously, they were morons with no common knowledge of babies.

"It's not working!"

"Try rocking the crib!"

Kokichi felt the slightest bit of pleasure. She had the urge to laugh but decided against it. Her sadistic side wanted to know what would happen if her new father found out that one of his maids made the only child of the Togami's cry.

"Chikiro, Mikan. What's all the ruckus about." A familiar woman said when she entered the room. Kirumi had entered the bedroom to observe the two maid's antics, wondering mess they have gotten into now.

The duo immediately shot up. "Mikan already woke my lady up, Kirumi!" the shorter one, Chihiro replied to Kirumi. Despite Kirumi being younger, she was more responsible than most of the maids in the manor.

"I-it was an accident I swear Kirumi--!"

The two begin to frantically fill the nanny, Kirumi, in as she walked towards the crib.

Kokichi was enjoying their pleas, panicked voices like the manipulative bastard she was. Kokichi let her lip tremble as Kirumi met her teary gaze.

Then she picked Kokichi up, making her widen her eyes in shock as she looked down at the ground. She never noticed how high she was when being carried. His feet dangled as Kirumi held her by the armpits, her whole body was rigid. It wasn't like she had any fear of heights, but she still didn't want to be dropped.

"Kirumi...?"

"She's probably hungry," Kirumi replied without hesitation. "Chihiro, get the baby food from the kitchen."

"Right," Chihiro replied as she scurried out of the room to pick up Kokichi's meal.

"You think she's old enough to eat yet?" Mikan asked Kirumi, she nodded.

"It has been a few months and I'm certain that she can at least try to eat some mushed up carrots and peas," Kirumi replied to Mikan, making Kokichi blink in confusion.

Has it already been a few months? Kokichi thought. How come I never remembered any of it? If Kokichi would guess, she was in a state of waking up, being breastfed, changed, sleep, and repeat. Maybe Kokichi was too young to remember any of it.

Perhaps Kokichi was overthinking things.

Mikan had pulled up a highchair and Kirumi carefully placed the baby in it. Kokichi slumped uncomfortably in it.

Mikan suppressed a chuckle. "Aw, it seems like my lady can't sit up straight yet."

"Of course she can't, Mikan." Kirumi deadpanned in response.

Kokichi groaned, already hating the fact that she felt vulnerable. "I'm here with the food!" Fujisaki exclaimed entering the room, holding a small tray with bother if her hands.

"Good, bring it here," Tojo ordered. Fujisaki obliged, making a clink as the metal tray was set in front of Kokichi. Kokichi surveyed the contents.