The Unknown Is Better Left Unknown

• Dedicated to My sister Trish

She was the most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes on. She was so unique. There was no way to describe her. He didn't know it then, but the day he saw her, and the day she uttered those few warning words to him, he had fallen in love.  It was also the day his new life would begin, and his old one would never be the same. Reality became a fantasy, and reality was all he longed for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kylar quickly stepped up the concrete stairs to his high school, already dreading the day. It was the first day of his Junior year and he was ready to get it over with. No one else was around yet, because his oh-so-loving parents made him leave the house early due to the fact that they both had to leave for work and didn't want him to end up skipping his first day. Rolling his eyes to himself he glanced up to notice he wasn't the only one early.  He noticed a slender, tall girl with long, silver hair. He immediately noted that he had never seen her before, so he knew she was new. She wore an above-knee length plaid skirt with a short sleeved blouse. Her eccentric movements made it look as if she was dancing up the steps , her long, straight hair swaying behind her. When she reached the front doors she suddenly turned around, looking straight at Kylar. Realizing he had been staring at her, he coughed and managed to embarrassingly stutter, "Sorry! D-Didn't mean to stare.." She just gazed at him for a minute longer, before turning around and walking into the building.  Kylar stood there for a minute, his mouth agape. What was that about? Her eyes were a deep purple, but held no life. They were so empty. He didn't see any emotion, not only in her eyes, but on her face, too. Not a single emotion in the dark orbs.  And when she gazed at him, she seemed to send him a death look, without even changing her expression. 

Shaking his head he walked up to the doors just as he heard the sounds of loud, obnoxious, teenage voices radiated from the parking lot. Kylar sighed, time to get inside. Just as he stepped inside, he saw the girl from before walking away from the Principle's office. He continued to watch her as she gracefully walked down the hall. He got a better look at her this time. She was taller than he had thought, she had a well-toned body with hints of feminine muscle.  She was beautiful, to say in the very least. He didn't want to admit it because it sounded cheesy, but she was the most gorgeous girl he had ever seen. She began to look over in his direction when he heard his name being called. "KYLARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Yo man!!" He immediately knew who it was just by the sound of the voice. Swinging around with a grin plastered on his face, he saw Darius running up to him. He managed to cast a glance behind him to see if the mysterious girl was still glancing at him, when he realized she was completely gone. He flung back around and did a wide-span view of the area. She was no where to be seen.

"Whaaaa!?"

"Kylar, dude, whats up?"

"Uh....Nothing. Haha. Just thought I saw someone I recognized for a moment, but nope," Kylar sloppily grinned and scratched the back of his head.

"Uhh...sure man. Even though there is no one in the school yet, I am totally sure you saw someone," Darius sarcastically replied while rolling his eyes. Darius was as tall as Kylar was. They were the two tallest ones out of their group, both standing at six foot even. Their group consisted of Kylar, whom had dirty blond hair, a well muscled body, slightly tanned complexion, and honey-colored eyes. Second was Darius, whom had shaggy green hair, and styled it to what was now called the "skater" look, bright silver eyes, a skinny but muscular body, and was the most outgoing and loudest of the group. Next was Jared, whom had long blond hair stood at 5'9", put coal black eye-liner on, wore dark attire, was white as a ghost, but with a very fit body, and was the "goth" of the group. He was also not afraid to speak his mind. He never backs down from any argument, most go blue in the face when up against him...There was also Damion, whom had brown hair with natural red highlights, was of average height of, had light-brown eyes, well, to sum it up, he was the normal, "average", one of the group. Damion was the most talkative of the group also; frankly, he never shut up. That talkative side of Damion is what made him the playboy of the group, and girls always fell for his cheesy pick up lines.  Then there was Zero. He had midnight black hair, was extremely quiet, had a style of his own that the girls swooned over, blue-black eyes,  ivory skin,  and usually kept to himself. Although the girls basically bowed at his feet, he never once had a girlfriend.  He had his own fan-girl club, and was recently swept away by mobs of girls whom wanted to ask him out, give him presents, give him their numbers, get his number, or just simply manage to talk to him. Kylar didn't even think the girls had ever heard Zero's voice once, he usually just stood there until he found an opening to slip away unnoticed, or one of the guys saved him. Damion always became jealous of poor Zero, even though Zero never asked for any of it. The group was the tightest in the whole school, and never separated.