chapter six. [edited]

Start from the beginning

He didn't even notice he was walking until he bumped into someone. Panicked, Peter quickly started apologizing, before he noticed that it was just Stephen. Peter had completely forgotten he was in the Tower as he didn't hear him.

"Peter go back inside please." Stephen motioned for Harley to take him back, supposedly to avoid walking into the high tense room, but they all knew it was because Steve was there.

But Peter couldn't stop walking until he felt the room go dead silent. Right, the team didn't know about him yet.

"Stark who's this?" Sam asked first.

"Really kid, now? Whatever, you're still helping with my engine later tonight." Tony said, with no ill intention behind his voice, it was more exhaustion than anything helps.

"Is that Peggy?" Steve asked before Tony could even finish. Peter felt Tony's grip on his shoulder tighten, he quietly held Harley's hand tighter. Now Stephen took action and ran in front of Peter.

"Rogers, I'm not saying this isn't important, but right now, our priority is the mission, Peter deserves his own moment," Stephen spoke before he even registered what he said. Now Peter was scared.

"So what, I leave for a couple of years and now it's Peter." The room fell quiet, almost as if silently preparing for what was happening.

Peter's body told him to back up, so he did.

"The fuck did you do to my daughter!" Steve lunged at Stephen before Stephen quickly fell against his hand, pushing Peter and Harley back against him.

It all happened so fast that Peter just saw red, right before he saw Stephen's broken nose. And that's when Tony lost it.

"Leave my son and husband alone, Rogers."

"Son?! So what, now Peggy is a tranny! You couldn't raise her any better! You had to make her sick in the head!" The screams were loud that Peter's hearing just made it worst.

"He. And he isn't sick. He's just finally able to be himself without living in fear of you, you fucking hypocrite." Tony started, before Harley and Stephen quickly pushed Peter back to his room.

Harley softly hugged him before he and Stephen made their way back out to try and stop Stephen and Tony from repeating the Sokovia Accords.

"Do not fucking touch him!"

"Steve! Stop it!"

"Asshole, I told you to bring her back! I knew she was sick but I didn't think you'd let her get this bad!"

"Captain, I'd recommend no longer initiating contact."

At this point, all the voices blended together that Peter couldn't tell who was who. He just knew they were fighting.

Three tears rolled down Peter's cheeks before sobbing. He held his face in his hands and he sobbed. He cried. Trying desperately to drown out the sound. The screaming, fighting, and the yelling.

He wanted it to stop. So, he did the only thing he could think of.

He changed and jumped out the window into the streets of New York. The sky was a bit cloudy. Peter swung around mindlessly. Trying to distract himself from what was currently happening at home.

The busy traffic noise and pedestrians helped. It's tuned them out.

Peter wasn't really looking for crime or anything.

This wasn't patrol, not twice in a day.

He just wanted to clear his head.

Back at the tower, two hours had passed. Two hours of arguing, fighting, and having everyone pull Steve and Tony off each other.

Once everyone finally left, Tony broke down. He immediately went for his lab and Stephen quickly followed him, distress and worry painted on his face.

He followed him down the stairs and into the room where Tony quickly went for a cabinet in the upper left-hand corner. Stephen watched as Tony pulled out a pill bottle.

"Tony, what are you doing"

He didn't answer and just went to grab a glass of water, taking the bottle with him. Stephen followed him until Tony sat down and began to speak.

"It an anti-depressant I'm going be taking. Nothing is okay. Do you see what's going on around here! I keep getting flashbacks to 2012. I have nightmares. I can't sleep. I think I'm back in Afghanistan. Peter just came out and it's a lot to process. I want to be there for him but it's a lot. I just found out my kid gets bullied. And now Steve comes around and fucks everything up. So no, I don't want to hear it."

After taking in a breathe, Tony takes the pill and looks down. He turns and falls into Stephen's arms. Just sobbing silently. They just stood there not knowing what to do.

"Boss, Spider-Man has been spotted in Queens again."

"Just let him go FRIDAY. Thank you."