Chapter 52 - Following Through Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

You sighed.

(Y/n): You're something else, Ann.

She gave you another peck on the lips, followed by a giggle.

Ann: I know.

You left the clinic, having taken the strange syringes. You certainly hoped that they would work, as losing all feeling in an arm or a leg (even if temporarily) didn't sound pleasant. You then wondered about the girls themselves.

Sure, they would be able to handle any proxies at her mansion, but what if Zalga herself targeted them? The only one who was ever able to stay toe to toe with Zalga was Slenda.

(Y/n): I guess the proxies aren't the only ones who need to train.

Lazari was more than excited to tag along. But you began to wonder if she was capable of defending herself. She had that strange form you saw a while back, but you weren't too sure how it was summoned.

In the time they'd been there, surely she and her sister learned a few things from their mother. You decided it would be a good idea to ask her if she had any sort of abilities.

You made your way back to your room, and knocked on the door. Stripes opened it.

Stripes: Hey (Y/n). Is it time?

(Y/n): Not yet, I was just curious as to what you and your sister knew.

Stripes: What we know?

(Y/n): In terms of what you might have learned from Zalga. Any sort of magic or fighting skills?

Stripes: Well, I was always better with the physical stuff, but Lazari was more of a book worm. You might want to ask her what she knows. I myself have a decent amount of knowledge on that stuff too, but not as much as her.

With that, Stripes let you into the room, and you approached Lazari.

(Y/n): Hey Lazari, could I talk to you?

Lazari, who had been getting her nails painted by Scaria, gave you a warm smile.

Lazari: Sure, what do you need?

(Y/n): Your sister said you were a bit of a book worm, I was wondering if you knew any of the things Zalga knew.

She put her free hand up to her chin.

Lazari: I know a few things, but I'm not the best at what I know.

(Y/n): That's ok, could you be more specific by chance?

Lazari: Sure, I'll list them off. I know how to conjure flames, use dark magic, temporarily weaken ones powers-

(Y/n): Woah, slow down a bit Laz.

Lazari: R-Right, my bad. I can weaken ones powers, do this little thingy I call a 'memory wipe', and even separate a soul from it's body. I think that's everything. But that's nothing compared to what Sadiya and Zalga know.

You took a minute to gather your thoughts. That was a large list of things, many of which seemed like they would be super useful. Your train of thought was interrupted when she spoke up again.

Lazari: There's also that freaky monster form, but you know I don't like using it.

(Y/n): I know Laz, besides...

You pat her head whilst giving her a smile.

(Y/n): I wouldn't force any of you to do something you didn't want to.