Chapter 52 - Following Through Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

(Y/n): You're telling me.

Ann: What I'm trying to say is that your body won't last if you keep getting injured to that degree.

(Y/n): Is that what these things are for?

Ann: Somewhat. These will temporarily numb the pain, as well as "heal" your body. But they won't beat severe wounds.

(Y/n): You're that worried huh?

Ann: We have every right to be. As I said, you were lucky to have survived that fight. Which brings me to my next point.

You raised an eyebrow, and crossed your arms.

Ann: You really can't take another injury like that.

(Y/n): Ann, you know I don't get hurt on purpose. But why are you emphasizing it so much?

Ann sighed, before shaking her head.

Ann: I can patch you up if you suffer a few cuts or bruises any day. But another deep gash, like the one you received in your upper chest, I can't fix that.

(Y/n): What do you mean?

Ann: I recall telling you that your body can't keep up if you keep getting hurt. Well, I was right. If you take another injury like that, I'm afraid you won't be able to come back from it. So please, for your sake and for ours, be more cautious. Please?

She looked up to you, her eye beginning to tear up.

(Y/n): Ann, I promise I'll do my best to avoid being hurt. But what do you mean when you say that you were right?

Ann: I mean that I knew that your fight with Phantom was the closest you'd ever come to dying. Who do you think took care of you in the time you were out?

You grunted. The message you got wasn't that your days were numbered. It was that you couldn't get super messed up anytime soon, or at all. Ann came close and hugged you.

(Y/n): Ann, please calm down. I'll play it as safe as possible.

She sniffed.

Ann: I know, it's just that we're all going to Zalga's mansion. Call me paranoid, but something doesn't seem right.

(Y/n): True, but when does anything feel right?

Ann: When we're together.

You could hear her let out a laugh, which caused you to do the same.

(Y/n): I thought I was the one with cheesy lines?

Ann: It's good to mix things up every once in a while.

(Y/n): I suppose it is. Though I do have a question. Why am I the only one being given these?

Ann: Because I don't know if they work.

(Y/n): What? You're worried about me dying, but you also gave me these strange shots that might not even work?

Ann: Well, it's not that they don't work. I just don't know how well they work. So you'll be testing them out.

(Y/n): What's the worst case scenario for these?

Ann: They would just numb the pain, and nothing more. You might temporarily lose feeling in whatever limb you used it on.

(Y/n): Are you serious?

Ann: You'll just have to find out. But you'll still be able to use said limb if that does happen.