Children of the Damned

Beginne am Anfang

"Fine. I'll look for it later. Now get out." I said harshly.

I pushed him out towards the door when he turned back. "Oh, and by the way, let me know when you're about to take a shower, I would love to join you next time." He whispered in my ear making my body shiver from his hot breath.

I could feel myself blushing bright red. "Get out!!"

I threw my pillow at him but he dodged and it hit the door instead as he made his escape. I sighed in disbelief and shook my head at him.

Even though I was still mad at him, he still made my heart race in every way. I could still feel my heart pounding when he whispered in my ear.

I was relieved when he said he trusted me because it was all going according to plan.

~ ~ ~ Flashback ~ ~ ~

"You're the only person Damon would trust, maybe not so much but you were able to get under his skin." Stefan said to me as we start to make a plan to conspire against Damon. "Let him believe you're willing to help him but don't make it obvious. Just be yourself."

It was going to be difficult. I was hard to get Damon to trust me when I can't event trust him. "I doubt he'll trust me anymore after the things I've said to him that night. I practically told him to get out of my life." I said a bit worried that my attitude towards him was going to make things difficult for us.

"Damon maybe fighting his feelings right now but I could tell, to some degree, he does care about you, Laura. If he didn't he wouldn't have protected you from that vampire." Stefan assured me. "Just go along with him and be your usual self. He won't suspect a thing." He said and I nodded.

~ ~ ~ End of Flashback ~ ~ ~

It was all going according to plan.

I have Damon's complete trust and he doesn't suspect a thing but I still have to be careful not to give myself away. He's a terrible person and deserves what he gets but... I feel like a bad person doing something awful to someone she has feelings for.

What am I thinking?

Damon doesn't feel anything for me so it shouldn't matter this feeling of guilt.

He doesn't care about anyone but Katherine, he doesn't matter who gets hurt as long as he gets what he wants.

I should hate him for it, but I can't.

I'm foolishly in love with a person I shouldn't have feelings for.

He was never going to love me.

Elena's POV

I was combing through my ancestors' creepy box of vampire obsessions at the dining table looking for Jonathan's journal. Damon asked for the journal but Laura didn't want to go through old boxes of creepiness so I had to find it.

"Do you think that Damon believes us? That we're trying to help him?" I asked Stefan.

"I don't think Damon knows what to believe. Trust isn't something that comes naturally to him." He answered carefully about his brother.

Ever since I met Damon I knew I didn't like him but lately I'm starting to understand him and his ways. "You know, I really think that Damon believes that everything he's done, every move that he's made, he's done for love." I said.

"Yeah, like a love sick idiot." Laura snide harshly from the kitchen making pancakes for breakfast. Stefan and I look at her. "What? After a century he's still chasing after the girl who may not have loved him in the first place. As far as I've heard about this Katherine-- who we look like-- she's an awful person he obsessed with." She said.