.̸͙̊ ̷A̵̲̒ ̷̪̎M̸̥̐i̶n̸̿o̸͊r̴̭͗ ̷͇̓S̵̭̄e̷t̸̊b̶̝̄a̶̬̎c̶̠͗k̸ .̴͋

Start from the beginning

In this moment, an emotion came that (Y/n) gave me the first time she was here: fear.

I was afraid of her.

After a few seconds, (Y/n) finally lets go of my wirst but the glitching never ceased. It began to consume my entire arm and continues to spread across my body. I couldn't do anything but just groan in agony but it turns to a whimper as I felt the glitching reach my chest; affecting the way I breathe: shallow inhales, quick exhales. My legs weaken all of sudden as I feel the familiar burn on them; as a result, my knees buckle out but my hands caught me in time before I could fall face first on the floor.

There was no doubt that few tears have fallen but through all that, I see her silhouette standing over me.

Her hand stretches towards me and in this very moment, I knew that one more touch from her would certainly be the last thing I would feel; and I'm terrified to leave this world behind- especially leaving her or Howard like this and all the people that believed in me.

I don't wanna go just yet.

So, I did one thing I was good at:
Smokebomb.

Instantly, red smoke fills the room along with a smell that I'm not fond of. I heard her starting to cough then stepping away from me. Now that she's distracted, I push myself up while clutching my chest since it's still hard to breathe; especially with the smokebomb I had just thrown.

In retrospek, that wasn't such a good idea after all.

I climb off the broken window and using my ninja scarf, I swung far away as much as possible from her while swallowing a lump of pain down my throat. Once there only building on sight, I hoist myself up on top and started jumping. However, pain just got worst. My vision starts to blur and shake, but I kept pushing myself: telling myself to move forward and jump. That is, until, as I jump off, my foot missed an inch on the ledge of the next building.

Gravity quickly took hold and dragged me down; I fell right onto the hard, cold cement in an alleyway with a loud thud as I heard an uncomfortable crack from my back.

Insult to injury, I guess.

My body refuses to get up nor move a muscle as I try to lift any of my fingers. I avoided to let painful groans give away where I am since I know that (Y/n)'s probably looking for me.

I'm force to look at the dawning sky above me; its clouds mock me as it continues to move freely and wonder without a care in the world.

I'm so tired.

I would often close my eyes and let out quiet, frustrated sighs every often until my eyelids no longer had the strength to stay open anymore.

×---×---×

I woke up to the sound of water continuously dripping against the concrete in a calm rhythm.

Must be raining all of a sudden.

I try to breathe deep for a moment but the raindrops falling on my face prevented that but my chest feels a lot more light. My vision is taking its time to adjust and all I could see was a mix of cold raindrops and blurry silhouettes of buildings.

All of a sudden, I felt sturdy hands grab both of my shoulders. Wary of the sudden touch of a possible enemy, I pretend to be unconscious  and let my body go limp. I closed my eyes for awhile, and relied on my hearing senses to hear this stranger'a voice; but nothing came.

Without warning, my body is now dragged off. I felt my back rest against the cold brick wall with my head hung low. I felt a finger raise my chin up, forcing my head to face whoever this is. The touch disappears, but now their hand rests on top of my head. I await for their next move, but somehow this junction comforts me.