Chains of life

CREDIT GOES TO MY SISTER. 

------------------------------------------

It all started like every ordinary day. Waking up in the morning, having breakfast, going to school then heading out to my part time job...but little did I know that today, would end up being the start of my eternal nightmare.

It was a bright and sunny morning, no clouds in the sky, and not a single sound coming from the other side of the wall, which were my “party all night” neighbors. I woke up with a groan, my hair looked like an abandoned bird's nest, and my eyes red from lack of sleep. I wanted so bad to just throw a pillow over my head and go back in to my slumber, but exactly at that time, the annoying wake up watch made up its mind to play its music. I threw the pillow at it, knocking it to the ground and got out of bed. I walked towards my bathroom, stretching a few times in hopes of waking up. I didn't even stop to look in the mirror, for I knew already how I looked, just like every other morning. I stripped off my night dress and threw it in to the laundry basket. Quickly getting in to the shower, I turned on the hot water..which ended up being cold. So you can imagine what happened. (I wonder if the whole neighborhood herd me that time) “YAAAUU!!! Damn thats cold!!” I jumped out, shivering and glaring at my own shower. I felt like riping those knobs off their screws..but managed my temper. I adjusted the water and got back in, taking a quick shower I managed to calm down from my morning 'shock'. I wrapped a towel around myself and walked out, checking the clock on the wall, made my eyes go wide. I ran to my closet and grabbed my clean uniform, putting it on as quickly as I could, I grabbed my bag and almost walked out of the house without my shoes. I started to wonder if today would turn out even just a little good.

I managed to beat time and got to school 4 minutes before the bell rung. Entering my class, I could tell by the looks I was getting from my classmates, that I looked like a mess. I didn't bother meeting their gazes, and just headed towards my desk. Throwing my bag on top of it, I sat down and placed my head on it, letting out a groan. Yes..i was tired and hungry, for I didn't get to eat any breakfast. Im a great athlete don't get me wrong, but race against time this early in the morning..really not my favorite way in starting the day. Two of my friends approached me with worried looks in their eyes. One of them went by then name of Kathy, a blond haired girl with green eyes, really pretty. I always envy her because of her looks and body shape. She just never seemed to gain weight, and im sure she gets asked out at least 4 times a day. The other one likes to be called Mei. Unlike Kathy, she is more of a tomboy. Goes nuts when a pair of sneakers are on sale, and runs like she's seen a wild tiger if you mention makeup and skirts. “Yo Kai..you don't look so good girl.” Mei's voice was herd as she placed a hand on my back, as if trying to comfort me. Kathy also came and leaned against the desk, watching me like I was a lost kid. “Whats wrong Kai? Are you having another one of those mornings?” I left out another groan in response, which they took as a “DUH”. They both exchanged looks for a minute, then grinned. “Hey Kai, how about we take you out today to that Chinese place you like so much?” Mei started, leaning over next to my ear, as if she were telling me a secret. “Yeah!! its our treat, you can get whatever you like from the menu” Kathy joined in, tho she seemed to be yelling it you to the world, unlike Mai. I sat up in my chair and left out a sigh, opening my blue eyes, I looked up at them both. “Guys..you know that if you take me to that place, you will have to work for the rest of your lives just to pay the bill” Mai and Kathy both laughed nervously, knowing fully well that it was a proven fact. Last time I went to that restaurant, I eat almost 6 plates full. I ended up having to work there for 2 months to pay the bill. I sighed again, and shook my head in response. “You guys are already trying your hardest to cheer me up..thats enough for me” I smiled to reassure them, but they didn't seem to buy it. Though not knowing what else to tell me, they both smiled back, they still looked worried, but were determined to not bring up the subject anymore.