Pieces- Sweet Potato 14

03-28-2020

'Yomeja you are what we've waited for,' Tony thought then scribbled it up thinking of Annalise,they didn't wait then.

'Yomeja you are so beautiful,' Natasha wrote but tossed it in the trash,Yomeja already knew she beautiful.

'Yomeja I love how you always remember to use real butter on my pop tarts,' Thor thought as Pietro,Steve and Clint read it throwing it away for him.

"We are not putting that in vows," Steve told him,they all were having trouble with the words,they planned to say it at the reception in front of everyone and where she couldn't hide. They all hoped she wouldn't reject them,especially in front of everyone they knew.

"Friday can you get Yomeja for me?," Wanda asked.

"How can I help?," Yomeja asked appearing on video.

"We need you to come to my lab," Peter told her.

"Sweetie I can't," she told them as they turned around she wore a lace black crown and dark make up in a sexy black bodycon dress.

"Where are you?," Vision asked seeing the glow of neon lights in her background.

"In Japan visiting," she told them.

"Where are you going?," Thor asked jealous of whoever saw her dressed do sexily.

"If you must know an after party of an anime conviction," she told them.

"Hurry up Aphrodite," a womans voice off camera said as Yomeja smiled at her brightly.

"I'm on my way Ares," she stated laughing,"I'm safe I'll be back tomorrow I love you guys," she told them blowing a black lipstick kiss she hung up the phone.

"When did she leave?," Bruce asked Friday.

"Yesterday at five in the evening," Friday replied,right after they saw her.

"Why does that matter?," Clint asked.

"Does no one else find it...odd how our soulmark reacts about her?," Bruce asked them.

"But we've touched her before and nothing has happened," Natasha stated.

"So we're going to ignore her saying she loves us?," Tony asked standing, "Yomeja isn't our mate,it's quite obvious that she wants us," Tony snapped at Bruce,he had been going on for weeks off and on with his theory.

"Tony it...it makes sense," Steve stated thinking like Bruce,Yomeja was always in the vicinity when their marks reacted.

"Yes,but Bruce touched her after our marks were activated, " Pietro told them. Which made a good point, there's no way their marks flared so powerfully yet Bruce didn't feel it.

"Tony is right though," Vision stated looking at his mates,"Yomeja loves us, wouldn't she be proud to be our mate?"

The question hung in the air,unanswered to them, yet Yomeja knew the truth. Once she hung up she sat in silence at her own words,they were heavy on her heart,similar to a cartoon piano,slowly the ropes on her self control and emotions were breaking, the weight too heavy to be ignored as she blurted out her true feelings so...easily.

Yomeja hoped they didn't hinge on it,it was an accident,she didn't mean it...
not like that.

Yet as she thought of them she smiled,she missed how Peter was amazed by her knowledge,helping Tony on projects or learning new things with Bruce,how Natasha gardened with her, or how Wanda would care for her wild stories, how Pietro practiced magic with her, or how Clint and her played tricks on people,how Thor would try new foods with her, how Vision studied many spells she'd show him and give tips to create stronger ones, how Steve and her would dress vintage and go star gazing or watch movies, how she'd focus only him not caring for the whispers or stares.

But that was as friends

...right?

The number one rule for her wasn't physical contact, it was protect your mates but don't love them. Her mother's soulmate never was there, especially when she needed them, hers would save the world from many unknown enemies. Yet her job was to simply be there for them, she wasn't deserving of them, she wasn't important enough, there was ten them and one little her,they couldn't possibly have enough room in their hearts for her.

Yomeja drank and dance trying to drown the fire in her chest, to make the feelings she had been suppressing in secret for so many years vanish. Even to the point of missing their wedding, she remembered that  day as she sat in her own wedding dress that she bought the year before when she wanted to confess her feelings...who she was to them. Yet their wedding anniversary was the same day she bought it. The room was a soft cream,decorated with her favorite flowers everywhere in full bllom,a beautiful satin black ball gown billowed around her,she wore a silver flower crown, did her hair in beautiful curls and did soft smokey eyed make up. Yomeja pretended to say her vows whispering it to the lush white and red roses with sunflowers telling each of how they touched her soul in the most loveliest of ways. Yet she collapsed bursting into tears tearing everything apart, her heart felt the deepest heart break, confirming that they were better off without her.

Yomeja danced to the loud music trying to forget that horrible day that left her in bed and not eating for a week. Yomeja did her best to push the flames down,she was only going to create a false hope.

Her dark purple eyes closed as she thought about them,it wasn't working anymore and she had a new rule number one.

Leave them forever...

and never return.

🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵

Vote,comment,share and happy reading