Pieces-Is there room for more? 20

05-10-2020

Stephen was trying his best to understand what happened...he rejected his mate the moment her purple eyes met his in that coffee shop. Stephen remembered how that bird burned as he felt like it was flapping against his skin. He had only one soul mark...hers..yet now he had eleven and oh how her emotions thrummed so loudly. Her mind always racing or simply lost in her imagination, at times he wondered what she was doing when he'd feel his stomach drop as if he was in a terrifying ride.

Stephen wondered if his new mates met her yet. So long ago that bird burned on his chest, but it was disappearing that time not full of life or wild but full of pure hatred but not at him...herself. Stephen broke down in tears that night not understanding why he was crying until now...it was because the little bird was hurt. He thought he'd never see her again, after he graduated he searched for her at the coffee shop, always ordering boston cream pie which he remembered her having that day.

***

Stephen wanted to hold her too as she was passed between the Avengers. His breath caught in his throat about the girl...the same girl Tony and Peter bragged about to him. They told of her caring nature, her dark purple eyes and how she loved to make her own clothes. Hearing so much about her made him feel connected to her yer now he knew why.

She was the mate he rejected.

Despite how tight Thor's embrace was, he couldn't see her but he felt her eyes searing into him even as she stood trying to appear strong for the Avengers, he wished he was next to her so he could be strong for her. When she was placed under anesthesia he volunteered to preform the much needed surgery. The others allowed him to but he knew if it was up to her, she'd rather die from infection than let him touch her. Stephen loved her dark smooth skin, despite the scars she had, especially on her back as if she was whipped badly. He wondered what stories would fall from her lips, what was her favorite food, if she still went to that coffee shop...did she know he waited there for her religiously.

Yet respectfully he left bout saying a word to her...he didn't know what to say to her to make up for what he did not knowing his silence

...broke her heart even more.

***

Yomeja was excited to be going to the  carnival that was nearby. For eight days she seperated herself from her mates trying to figure out why her soulmark was back,she used a very powerful spell to remove it yet it was back in place. She had wrapped a black bandage over her thigh to hide the red cap that glowed green. She wore fish net tights with pale black high waist jean shorts and a yellow crop top shirt with little sunflowers, a long sheer modern kimono jacket and slip on shoes with a large black sunhat. Grabbing the snacks and money she packed as well as her umbrella she decided to go to their floor but afraid of bumping into her old mate...she used the lotion she made before stepping out to greet them. Yomeja smiled brightly as she strutted to them she heard joyful laughter as she stepped in.

Eyes closed, smile large and arms open she yelled.

"Let's go my lovelies!"

Yet there was silence.

"Yomeja c'mon we...have a new mate," Natasha said as her smile fell as well as her arms.

"You have a new...mate?," Yomeja asked as she slowly opened her eyes she saw eyes of  a bright green medow staring at her. Yomeja swallowed feeling completely confused...Yomeja saw their soulmark, no one bared Stephen only her, and he had just her as a soulmate.  So how was he now everyone's soulmate?

"Yomeja are you ok?," Bruce asked seeing life seem to evaporate from her.

"I'm great," she mumbled flopping down in a nearby chair as Stephen eyed her...was she their close friend and secretary or...more?