Chapter 31 ~ Rage

Start from the beginning

"Wanda, maybe lay off a bit. It's only training." Dad says.

I get up. My bones ached because I just did get smashed into the ceiling and fall a good few feet back to the ground. I hold up my left hand and charge my repulsor. Red wisps surround my left arm and crush it. I can feel and hear every bone in my arm cracking and I yell in pain.

"Wanda that's enough!" Natasha says.

Wanda however doesn't listen and continues crushing my arm with her powers as I yell in pain. Dad takes a few steps forward to her to try to stop her, but she uses her other hand to keep him at bay with her powers.

I hold up my right hand and try to blast her, but she crushes the beam in the middle of the glove so I can't use it. At this point I'm standing on one knee as I try to overcome the pain in my arm and she won't let go. Luckily I had a backup plan.

I start to swing my right arm in a circle really fast using my speed like a whirlwind. A gust of wind can be felt and the force of the wind makes Wanda lose her concentration on my arm and makes her fly backward. I quickly take the time to run to get a power dampening watch and slap it on Wanda's wrist so she can't use her powers.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" Rhodey asks.

I stand there in front of Wanda, panting. Dad comes over to us.

"Alright. I think that's enough training for today." Dad says.

"But we didn't even get to fight," Sam says.

"Shhh," Roy says. "Don't complain, that just means we can finish our game of Mario Kart."

"You got a point there kid," Sam says to him. "(Y/n) you coming?" Sam turns to me.

"I can't fucking play," I say in a high pitch, squeaky voice and indicate to my crushed arm.

Wanda looks up at me and gasps as she looks at my arm. "I-I'm so sorry." She says, tears coming to her eyes. She runs out of the room before anybody could say anything.

"Wanda!" I call after her, but she is long gone.

"I'll go talk to her." Vision says and leaves.

Roy, Sam, and Rhodey also leave so Natasha, Dad, and I can talk alone.

"We gotta get that arm checked out," Dad says worriedly.

"I'll live. That's not important right now." I say.

"She's right. Wanda never lashes out like that." Natasha says.

"Rage. That's what it was." I tell them. "When I was fighting her, her eyes were red with anger. She's still hurting and probably blames his death on me."

"Or you could remind her of him and that triggers her anger," Dad suggests.

"Whatever it is, we need to deal with it," Nat says.

We nod. "I think I might have a way to give her some closure," I say.

"How so?" Natasha asks.

"You'll see, but first I need both of your help on a superhero name for Pietro."

"No, first we need to really put a cast on that arm," Dad says, cringing as he looks at it.

The three of us head to the medical bay of the compound and the doctors put my arm in a cast. It'll heal in a few hours so I have nothing to worry about. I stay seated on the hospital bed as Dad and Natasha stand in front of me.

"So superhero names," I say, getting back to the topic I was going for earlier. "I was thinking Speed Racer, but that was my nickname for him and is personal."

"How about The Blur," Dad suggests. "Or Quicky."

I cringe at the names. "You're bad at this," I say to him.

"Speedy Jr?" He asks.

"Please stop talking." I look at Natasha. "I was thinking, Blue Streak."

"So B.S. for short?" Dad asks.

I sigh. "And now I see the flaw for that name."

"How about Quickblue?" Natasha asks.

"It's okay. I mean since he leaves behind a blue blur when he runs, but it also has some silver in it too."

"Quicksilver," Dad says.

Natasha and I both look at him.

"Forget me saying you're bad at this, I love it!" I say and jump up from the bed.

Natasha nods in agreement. "It has a nice ring to it."

"So what are you gonna do?" Dad asks me.

"Give me an hour and I'll show you," I answer him.

Natasha and Dad nod and I take off to complete my tasks.

                                                                                    ...

I'm standing outside of Wanda's room with the gift I'm ready to present her in my good arm. I showed Dad and Natasha and they loved the idea and it might actually give her closure.

I knock on the door and slowly crack the door open. I peek inside and see Vision holding Wanda in his arms to help soothe her. They look up at me and I open the door all the way.

"Uh, sorry. Am I interrupting something?" I ask a little awkwardly.

Wanda shakes her head. "No, it's fine."

Vision looks between the two of us. "I will uh... leave you two alone." He gets up and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I kinda stand there awkwardly and look down at my toes.

"I'm sorry about your arm," Wanda says sincerely.

I look at her, giving her a small smile. "It's fine. Nothing a little speed healing can do." I notice the power dampening watch I put on her a couple of hours ago is gone. Vision could've given her the key to unlock it.

I walk over to her bed and sit down next to her. "I get it. You're hurting and you probably think your brother's... death is my fault. I'm hurting too you know, but not as much as you are."

Wanda sighs and looks at her hands in her lap. "I know it's not your fault. It was his choice." She looks up at me. "It's just you remind me of him a bit because of your powers. Sometimes I wonder what would've happened if he didn't push you out of the way."

I nod. "I wonder the same thing. Both of us could've been here and he could've taken me on that date like he said he would have."

Wanda smirks. "You had feelings for my brother, but your heart is for someone else." She tells me. I raise a questioning brow at her. "You know exactly who I'm talking about."

I shake my head. "No, no. Roy and I are just best friends. Nothing more."

Wanda smiles at my denial. "You say that now."

I smile at her and then look down at the gift I have for her. "I have something for you. It's not much, but maybe it will give you some closure."

I hold out the gift which is Pietro's superhero suit he was wearing when we fought Ultron. I sewed all the bullet holes together and washed the blood out of it. Along with it is a gold plaque that reads:

In honor of a hero and Avenger

Pietro Maximoff

A.k.a. Quicksilver

Wanda takes it and looks it over. She looks at me in shock as she tears up. "You did this?" She asks. I nod and she gives me a hug, which shocks me and I tense up, but then hug back as she cries on my shoulder. "Thank you (Y/n)." She says softly.

I smile as we continue to hug. "You're welcome Wanda."

—ASE715