4 : A Star is Born

A Star is Born - After falling in love with struggling artist Ally, Jackson, a musician, coaxes her to follow her dreams, while he battles with alcoholism and his personal demons.

-----

Janine

It's saturday. Duty ako pero off ni Ibarra. I guess he's about to go home already from a night shift. It has been what, three months and two weeks of being married with him. Honestly, it's not that bad having been married and live under the same roof with him. The condo we are using is his. Sometimes, he comes in mine when he knows I'm not in his condo. Don na siya kumakain at natutulog. We lived the label we have. Married. That's what we are and we did exactly what the law says about being married minus that love they call.

We are doctors but that doesn't mean we don't have time for each other. We are legal in papers but it seemed like we are not in reality. We seemed like two people who were engaging into an affair in the bedroom.

Napasinghap na lamang ako ng makita ko si Ibarra. He was at the other ward and I can clearly see him from where I am standing. I am in the coronary ward's nurses station and he is at the medical 4, neurosurgery ward.

His hair is damn slightly messy, parang kagigising lang niya just for his final rounds before he goes out of the hospital. And he is clearly flirting with the hospital nurses again. Hindi ko maitatangging napakaplayboy talaga niya. He flirts and he denies it. I was about to take of my eyes of him when I saw Doctora Claire approach him. His ex is the prettiest doctor I've seen so far in the hospital. Nakakainis mang aminin pero talo ako sa ganda niya. She looks like the goddess of beauty, Aphrodite.

Well I don't care. I am the goddess of war, Athena.

My eyes widened when I saw him smile at her. Damn him! What Ibarra? Is this your kind of game now? He damn knows I am looking at him right now and yet still has the audacity to influence me into watching him flirt with his ex?

I closed my eyes as I held onto my chest. No heart! Huwag kang magdrama ngayon. That man is the god of lust, Eros!

But damn it, he is more suited to be called the god of the gods, Zeus.

His laughter echoed in the whole neuro ward until it reaches the coronary ward where I am exactly on na para bang naghahasik ng lagim.

So he is still keeping intouch with her huh? Ano ba ang tingin niya sa akin? Magseselos? Over my dead body! I will not give him that medicine!

Hinding hindi ako magseselos kahit pa makipaghalikan siya o di kaya'y makipagsex sa ex niya! In the first place, I am just his wife. I am just one of his conquest! Inaamin ko na din iyun sa aking sarili. But I don't want to tell him that truth. What for? Wala namang silbi kung ideny ko pa diba? Truth is, I already gave in. Marriage is the only thing that makes him wrap his arms around me. Ano kaya ang gagawin ng ex niya kapag malalaman niyang kasal na pala si Ibarra? I am sure pain will be there. I am a bitch but that doesn't mean I am to do something unfair to another woman. But it's not just my fault. Kasalanan din 'to ni Ibarra! He fucking also signed the damn marriage contract on his behalf.

Well they acted professional with each other. Atleast they know they're in the four walls of the hospital and infront of everybody. But god knows what can happen when they're alone. Alam ko namang may posibilidad na mambabae si Ibarra. First reason is, he doesn't love me. Second is everything.

I don't want to see further. Hindi pa man oras para sa OR ko ay umalis na ako. I hate the view. Ang lalandi ng mga tao.

I turned my back only to crash myself on a broad chest. Amoy niya palang, kilala ko na kung sino.