"So you think I'm smooth, huh? Why didn't you tell me?" Jaehyun asked, pretending to be hurt. Taeyong blushed harder (if that was even possible at this point) before looking out the window and mumbling "Your ego's already too big. No need to inflate it anymore,"

Yuta laughed aloud and Jaehyun grinned at his soulmate as he reached across the gear shifts to grab his adorable soulmate's arms. "You're so adorable, I hope you know that," Jaehyun told Taeyong and Yuta laughed again, this time with Sicheng joining in.

---

Within an hour, the four had arrived at the amusement park and while Yuta and Sicheng went to buy tickets, Jaehyun gently coaxed his soulmate to come to the gates of the place where something so horrific had happened. Although it wasn't the same amusement park, the setting was the same and it made Taeyong anxious, no matter how hard he had prepared mentally.

"Tae, if you're still uncomfortable, we can always go somewhere else," Yuta had told Taeyong before the older male had shooed Yuta away to go and buy tickets. Jaehyun had gladly given Yuta his card and told him to get fast passes so that they could enjoy as many rides as possible.

"J-Jae. I'm ready to go, I swear, but my legs won't stop shaking," Taeyong whimpers and Jaehyun looked at his soulmate sadly. "Tae, like Yuta said, we don't have to go. We can come back next time when you're feeling better," Jaehyun told the smaller male as he helped him out of the car. He mentally cried as he felt his soulmate's hand shake uncontrollably in his hand.

"No! I'm ready! I just need to get inside and I'll be fine. It's j-just the entrance t-that scares me," Taeyong stuttered and Jaehyun's heart broke a little more than it already had.

"Alright, but if you start having another panic attack, we're leaving, ok?" Jaehyun asked as he closed the door and locked it before leading Taeyong to the entrance of the park. As they got closer, Taeyong started getting paler and paler as his hand shook harder with each step.

"Tae! You ok? You're as white as a sheet!" Yuta called out as they neared the entrance where Yuta and Sicheng were waiting. The ash brown-haired male had put on his jacket and Sicheng was clinging to his free arm. Taeyong shakily took a deep breath as they stood right outside the entrance.

"I-I'm fine. I just need to g-get inside," the black-haired male whispered as he pulled on his face mask to get some fresh air. Jaehyun had already put his on before he got out of the car so that he wouldn't get noticed. It was times like this that he really despised his fame and power.

"Why're you guys wearing a mask?" Sicheng asked innocently as Yuta put on his own face mask, handing Sicheng's to him. The youngest put it on as Yuta explained who Jaehyun was and how they may get recognized. Sicheng's eyes widened, making Taeyong let out a small giggle.

"I-I'm sorry, Jaehyun-ssi! I didn't-"

"Don't start with the formalities, Sicheng. Hyung is fine. Afterall, we are basically family," Jaehyun smiled before Sicheng started bowing. Taeyong felt his heart skip a beat as Jaehyun said the word 'family'. He hadn't felt this much happiness in a while and it was making him slowly forget his fear.

He hadn't felt what a family was in a while (other than Yuta's family, bless them) and to hear Jaehyun refer to Yuta, Sicheng and himself as his family was making his heart do flips, which he was sure wasn't healthy for him.

He gripped Jaehyun's hand tighter as he pulled him towards the entrance.

"Let's go. I-I think I'm r-ready," Taeyong said as he pulled Jaehyun to the gates. Yuta grinned and handed Jaehyun and him their tickets along with Jaehyun's card. Taeyong shakily got to the gate of the park and he shakily handed the ticket to the person working there and the person handed him his FastPass and entrance bracelet before ushering him to go inside.

Once everyone had gotten inside, Taeyong took a deep breath and let out a big but slightly nervous smile.

"Who's ready to have some fun?" he asked as the other three cheered.

And so began their double date.

There it is. Chapter 14.

I've been super bored lately with too much free time on my hands, so I decided to update this. Hopefully, it soothes your quarantine-fried brain cells too because mine is non -existent due to boredom.

Remember I am here for you if you ever need anyone to talk to. 

Stay healthy and stay safe guys,

Love,

Luna 🥰

P.S. The image in the media is their outfits that I envisioned them wearing for this chapter