Chapter 2: My weird companion

Start from the beginning

 ***At Lylia's house***

Lylia – Father, mother please you need to tell when did you plan this wedding?

Father – I know it is hard, but the Vance family is very greedy, and we actually like the idea. Light and Dark magic have always been in dispute towards the Queen’s approval. This could really help us be more presentable to her.

Lylia – (resentful) But I introduced to you my friend Cyclops, we are dating. You were so happy.

Mother – I am sorry sweetie, but your father has spoken. Go to sleep, we will talk in the morning.

Lylia goes to her room crying her heart out. She slams the door and jumps in her bed. After a solid 20-minute crying session she fell asleep until the next day.

 ***The next morning***

(Harley’s P.O.V.)

Already morning and (image of Harith smiling at him) WHAT THE HECK? I should just go to the bathroom and clean myself up. Harith is a nice leonin to talk to, but can you imagine? Me and the leonin, companions. He would be a very weird companion. (image of Harith near his face) OMG! (blushes intensely and falls to the bed looking forward) Great, Harley Vance, don’t tell me that you are gay. You are actually developing feelings for him.

 You are actually developing feelings for him

Your father is going to kill you.

(Harith’s P.O.V.)

Another morning, but it seems different. Wait, did I wake up smiling? This is stunning. I think I found out what I was missing. Better get ready for school. Today I’m going to get early to see if I can see Harley when he arrives.

***

(No one’s P.O.V)

When Harith arrived at school he notices Lylia and Harley walking towards the entrance. Guess that Harith is a little slowpoke when it comes to get to school early. He follows them but gets interrupted by Cyclops.

Cyclops – Hey, Harith!

Harith – (irritate) What, Cyclops?

Cyclops – Yesterday, I saw you and Harley talking, also coming from the forest. (concerned) Are you guys… I mean did he tell you anything about marrying Lylia?

Harith – (shocked) He doesn’t want to marry Lylia, he loves her, but only as his best friend.

Cyclops – (relieved) Oh, great, but either way Lylia didn’t wait for me this morning for us to walk together to school. Instead she was walking with Harley.

Harith – (jealously) Oh, really? (calmed) but they are best friends, Cyclops. Don’t’ worry… they just miss each other, and the news are way too appalling for them.

 Cyclops – I hope you are right.

***

When they arrived at the halls of the school Harith and Harley meet eyes. Harith proceeds to ask Harley about his schedule, which Harley shows. He then tells him to follow him because, for destiny or fates reasons, they have their classes together, except for math and history.

Harley enters the classroom and introduces himself to the teacher, Kimmy, and to the students. He sits next to Harith, because his other friends are on different classes. Harith then notices that Harley is being very attentive to the teacher (different from what Harith does).

Harith – (passes a note to Harley)

Harley – (snaps out of the lessons and reads it) [Hey, Harley. Do you want to eat together on our break?] (he looks at Harith, who is smirking at him and instantly blushes while nodding)

*** Bell Rings ***

Harley takes out his snack and notices that Harith has homemade snacks in shapes of a heart and in the shape of a… gun?

Harley – (chuckling) That is a very odd combination of snacks you got there (smirks).

Harith – (disturbed) I believe my 2 dads where behind this.

Harley – [2 dads? No wonder he seems like always flirting or something] Oh, 2 dads that cook for you, well that must be nice.

Harith – (smiles proudly) I guess it is, my dad Alucard probably did the heart shaped one, while my dad Granger did the gun one. They are so different when they are not in combat.

Harley – Hmm…

Harith – Hey, Harley, going back to our conversation from yesterday. If you don’t think of girls, do you… think… of… boys? (still looking at his snacks)

Harley – (looks at Harith shyly) I…

To be continue.