𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚗

¸¸♬·¯·♩·¯·♬¸¸

     CORDELIA'S FINGERS GREW TIRESOME AS they caressed the piano keys. The melodious tune of the piano flowed throughout the Watson household. Tears streamed down her rosy cheeks. She hated the isolation from the outside world. Lia was used to it before she befriended the others, but since she became used to having freedom, she was distraught.

After the fight between her friends, Cordelia opened her front door where Martha was waiting for her. Her icy blue eyes glared down at her daughter who was still bleeding profusely from her legs. Ignoring the scarlet liquid that stained her daughter's skin, Martha grabbed Cordelia's thin arm harshly.

"Where the fuck have you been?" she spat out at her daughter as she dragged her upstairs to Lia's bedroom. She threw her daughter to the ground, damaging Lia's legs even more with the abrasion from the carpet, and slammed the door shut. "I told you that you were to never leave unless I specified that you could! And you disobeyed me."

"No, mother, I—" Cordelia went to speak but was slapped in the face. Her white skin turned red from the impact.

"Shut up." Martha inhaled from her cigarette and blew the smoke out through her nose. She took a step closer to Cordelia who quivered with fear. A small tear slipped from her eye and ran down her dirty cheek. Martha pressed the lit end of the cigarette to her daughter's neck. Cordelia let out a scream in pain and went to move, but Martha grabbed her long hair and held her in place. She then moved the cigarette down to Lia's collarbone and did the same thing.

The smell of cigarettes and burnt flesh wafted throughout her bedroom. Martha released her daughter's hair and let out a huff of air.

"Next time you disobey me, you won't get off so easy," she spoke, her cold words creating chills in Cordelia. She drew her face close to Lia's and in a low tone, she added, "Do you understand me?"

Cordelia nodded her head, whispering a small, "Yes." Martha left the room, and Cordelia crumpled to the floor. She pressed a hand over her mouth to cover the sobs that escaped from her lips.

Picking herself up, Cordelia limped over towards her bathroom and turned on the bath. She stared at the tub as it gradually filled with warm water. The Watson girl grabbed a dark colored washcloth and a first-aid kit before sitting herself on the edge of the tub. Gingerly, she placed her legs in the water. The lacerations from the wooden stairs burned at the touch of the water, but Cordelia forced her legs in the water.