𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

¸¸♬·¯·♩·¯·♬¸¸

     CORDELIA AWOKE EARLY THE NEXT morning. It was earlier than her usual five o'clock, but she was nervous. She hadn't gone swimming since she was a little girl so she didn't have a bathing suit. As much as she hated the idea of swimming in her undergarments, Cordelia didn't know what else she could do.

She brushed through her dark, brown hair before tying it up with her signature blue ribbon. Her face was expressionless as her hand stroked the accessory. Her mother had given it to Cordelia when she was younger, making sure that she always wore it in her hair. It was to symbolize her innocence, something that she didn't realize she was leaving behind that summer until it happened.

After slipping into a light blue skirt that matched her ribbon and tucked a white button-up shirt, Lia made her way downstairs to make breakfast. Instead of making her mother's breakfast as well as her own, Cordelia only made breakfast for herself. She wasn't sure what the sudden act of rebellion was caused by—perhaps going against her mother's rules the previous day and today.

After making and eating a traditional English breakfast and packing a bag full of snacks and extra clothes, Lia made her way over towards the Kaspbrak house. Her small knuckles knocked lightly at the door. Luckily for her and Eddie, Sonia was not the one who opened the door.

Eddie met his friend's gaze with a large grin before letting her inside. It was not the first time that she had entered the dim house but every time she did, she felt claustrophobic. The house was much smaller than hers, and it didn't help that the rooms were cluttered with a multitude of things.

"Hi, Eddie," she greeted, copying his smile. The two moved to his room where he packed a backpack full of his numerous medications and other things as well. It didn't take long for him to finish, and the two soon made their way to the Quarry. They met up with the others—excluding Beverly—on their way to the water.

Once they arrived, the boys stripped their clothes off. Cordelia's face was flushed red as she saw them standing in their white cotton briefs. While the others weren't so bothered by the one singular girl with them, Stan was mortified. He hadn't really ever had a conversation with her, but yet here he was in his underwear in front of the girl he liked.

The boys, who were standing by the edge of the cliff, decided to partake in a loogie-spitting contest. Lia watched behind them in disgust. She hadn't taken off her clothes yet and was feeling very self-conscious. Part of her wanted to go home and read, but the other part was telling her that she needed friends. So, she stayed.