Chapter 26

Kenneth's POV

Two days.

It's been freaking two days but still nothing. Nothing from her side. No call, no messages, not even a good morning message.

And what wrong did I asked her? Huh?

I just asked if she is fine or not. But what did I got in response?

A blank expression from her.

Great. Just Great!

'If it matters to you this much, then go ahead and text her'

NO!

She was the one to hurt me. I just asked her as a friend. I was genuinely worried about her. And also she looked a bit pale after coming out of the cab.

Urgh!

I should have just thrown my ego away and asked her again.

"Sir, so what do you think of this strategy?"

"Sir!"

"Sir, he is asking you something?" A nudge from my left side got me out of my thoughts.

I looked at my P.A. raising my eyebrow at her. She forced a smile at me motioning me to look forward by her eyes.

I glanced around to see each and every pair of eyes staring at me.

I folded my arms against my chest without breaking the eye contact with them. I cleared my throat before speaking. "What do you... all think?", I asked scanning the whole conference room.

It is necessary for them to pay attention more than me. They are the one who should look for the benefits of the company. That's what they are getting paid for.

'Oh! Excuses, excuses and excuses.'

They all glanced at each other and looked hesitant before replying.

"Speak up!" They all jumped on their seats as my voice bloomed in the room.

"I-I think it's q-quite be-beneficial for our company. Al-"

I rubbed my forehead in annoyance.

"Meeting dismissed. I want your suggestions until next meeting. Wind up!"

In a blink of an eye, everyone got up and left the room. Now it was just me and my P.A.

Closing my eyes, I leaned my back on the chair.

"Are you okay, Sir?" I ignored her.

"Sir! It's been two days. You are living here in this office. It's really not good for your health. Try to understand. Drowning yourself in work is not the solution to your problems. Just don't stress yourself too much, Sir."

I glared at her to shut up.

"If you want a leave, all you need to do is ask. I won't mind handling everything by myself. Just go", I stated.

She sighed.

"That's not what I meant, Sir. I am your personal assistant and it's my job to manage your work. So no, I am not going home. Work as much as you want, I won't mind", she smirked mocking me.

I can't believe she has the audacity to mock me.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You speak too much", I said rolling my eyes.

"Tell me something new", she chuckled.

Can't blame her though. She works as good as Alex.