𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 3

Mari's point of view

I slowly woke up, the light blinding me that came from my window. I sat up rubbing the sleep out my eyes and swung my feet to the floor, I stood up and stretched. I sleepily went downstairs and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast. The knife was still there, so I wasn't dreaming? I heard a tap on the window and glanced. The man was there but he was holding a small bunch of flowers. He was shifting impatiently and he looked slightly agitated, I grabbed the knife and opened the window.

He shoved the bunch into my arms and was about to walk away "excuse me, you left this" I held the blade out to him he made a sound that sounded similar to a scoff and snatched it from my hands "umm... would you like to have breakfast with me?" he cocked his head to the side. "Come to the door and I'll let you in if you like" he huffed and stepped out of view and I opened the door. One thing I didn't realize was how intimidating he was up close I felt like an ant compared to him. "Come in," I said and stepped to the side, he seemed hesitant but went inside.

"Take a seat" I gestured to the table. He sat down and started to look around. I grabbed the Nutella out of the cupboard and got the bread out, I plugged into the toaster and put the toast in. I glanced behind me, he was messing with the fidget spinner that I left on the table. Yes, I have a fidget spinner, I find them really relaxing and it lights up too. The toast popped out and I smothered the Nutella on the toast and cut them in half and cut the cruts off. I put all of the pieces on a big plate.

I set the plate in the middle of the table and sat down, we were just looking at each other not saying a word but now I could see him better. He was still wearing his mask it was a dull gold with two pieces of a jaw from an animal on the bottom so there was a small gap in between them. From what I could tell his skin looks like reptile skin, the primary colour was a warm brown but with blotches of dark brown. He had long black nails that looked more like claws. His hair is a bit odd, it looks like dreads but also it looks... fleshy? I think that's the best way to describe it.

I grabbed a piece of toast and started to eat, he just kept on staring. "You can have some, I made it for both of us" he picked up a piece and looked at it. He placed it back down and started to take off his mask. he quickly set it aside, grabbed two pieces and turned around before I could see his face. Maybe he's just shy? I mean his face can't look that bad? Can it? "Hey, you can turn around you know? I'm not scared of you" well that was a lie. He slowly turned around and looked me dead in my eyes.

The Woodsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें