17: our little moments, our new memories

Start from the beginning

"How do you feel?" Dohwa asked when I sat down on the bed in the school's clinic.

"I feel like I was drowning..." I answered, finally speaking up.

Dohwa sighed and smiled at me softly. "Do you need water? I can quickly go to the cafeteria and get a glass."

I opened my mouth to say something and closed it. Then I started to drift off into my thoughts and something bothered me.

Why do I not like Dohwa now that I'm aware? And how come I just realized this now? What the hell is wrong with me? Dohwa is a great guy, Ara! Get a grip! Why don't you like him... now?

"Um, Ara? Hello? Earth to Ara!"

I shook my head and grinned at Dohwa cheekily. "Sorry, Do. I just zoned out a bit."

Dohwa chuckles and out of nowhere starts to mess my hair. "YAH! LEE DOHWA!" I shouted while swatting his hand away.

The tall boy stops and smiles at me. My best friend just continued to stare at me like there was something... Oh, wait, do I have something on my face?

"You have a mouth, Dohwa, so speak up," I said after poking his cheek.

Dohwa sighs and shakes his head, still smiling. Then he spoke up, "I just... I just can't believe I'm friends with a gi- with a person like you."

I furrowed my eyebrows after catching on with what he was supposed to say, but for today since he helped me earlier, I've decided to just let it go for now. So, I smiled back at my best friend and poked his cheek. Then I asked with a little aegyo, "Do you think you could get me that glass of water?"

Dohwa chuckles again and ruffles my hair, which I gave him a another one of my glares. "Sure! Anything for my gi- my best friend! Haha!

Then he stands back up and walks out of the clinic in a hurry. I shook my head at his choice of words and lied down on the bed. I placed my right arm over my closed eyes and tried to figure out how my asthma started to... well appear. I haven't had an asthma attack in like... Well, since the start of Secret, I've never had any attacks. So, what started it?

Just when I was about to fall asleep, I heard the door of the school's clinic open. I instantly called out to the person, thinking that it was Dohwa and told the person that I'm over at the end of the room near the bed that is by the window. Then I heard the footsteps of the person and for a few seconds, I didn't notice it, but the footsteps... The footsteps are not Dohwa's, but...