1. Violet

I had no intention of creating a new potion. None.
Yes, that was a dream of mine, and my dad promised to teach me how to create potions someday. He was always so busy with work.
How the hell he became a teacher was beyond me. He hated most kids.
Since I was born, he had gotten a bit nicer toward children, but I was surprised he hadn't killed anyone. He said he'd always wanted to own a business for potions or something.
However, I was simply trying to brew a more effective Dreamless Sleep potion due to some pretty vivid nightmares I was having. Mom had given me normal ones, but they weren't at all effective. Dad thought that perhaps I had taught myself to lucid dream and it was simply my imagination. I did have a fascination with dark magic that probably stemmed from him, but I would never imagine a man murdering my mom and some other guy who happened to be in the house. I would never dream that up on my own.
I knew something was wrong when the potion, just barely becoming the purple color it was supposed to become, turned a bright blinding white. It was sudden. I hadn't expected it and I hadn't planned it. In my four years of potion making, I had never seen such a drastic change in color.
"Hey, dad!" I called. School was on break for the winter holidays and Christmas was a few days away. Dad would only be in the room next door, his own potions lab. I was in my bedroom, since I was not allowed to be in his potions lab.
I heard a thud, a string of colorful words, and dad opened the door.
"Yes?" He asked, his dark hair sticking to his sweaty brow.
"The potion was starting to turn purple, and now it's not." I told him. Dad stepped closer. "Yes. It's not purple." He said.
I rolled my eyes.
"Did you add anything once the color began to change?"
"No."
"Did you touch it at all?"
"No." I replied. "It just changed."
"It's supposed to be a Dreamless Sleep potion, correct?"
"Yes." I told him. "Do you think the change would be from the enhancement I added?"
"No." He said. "Enhancing potions requires different measurements, but never enough to change the properties of a potion this drastically."
We watched small bubbles rise to the top of the potion, then they rose up out of my cauldron and popped a few feet above it. My dad nodded to himself.
"I'm going to take a sample of this." He reached at his chest as if to grab a vial from the inside pocket of his robes, but he wasn't wearing his robes, just a white button-up and his work pants. He huffed. "Don't do anything to it." He told me, then he hurried from the room.
I turned and watched the potion. I wasn't quite sure what had happened. I hadn't done anything differently. Had I miscounted how many times I'd stirred? Had I accidently put in ingredients that were stronger than usual? Did I accidentally put in an extra of something?
There was a faint popping sound coming from the cauldron. The glow was getting brighter. It was now actually glowing, and not just bright white.
A bubble rose from the potion and stopped midair, then attached itself to my shoulder.
Strange sticky bubbles. I noted mentally, prodding the bubble with a quill to pop it in order to avoid dangerous side effects from contact with the potion. It didn't pop.
"Violet. What is that?" I heard Dad ask. He was standing behind me, vial in hand.
"It came out of the potion." I told him.
Dad watched me prod it again, and the lack of reaction.
"Lily!" He called. I knew he was getting a bit nervous because his voice was tense. He could handle strange potions, but it was different with his kids.
"Yes, Sev?" My mom called back.
"Can you come here for a moment?"
"Sorry, Love, I'm feeding Rosie!"
Rosalie was my little sister, and she took up a lot of Mom's time. 
"It's kind of serious!" Dad told her.
"So is feeding my daughter!"
Another bubble floated up and stuck to my stomach. I felt a bit of fizzing and saw that the bubble on my shoulder had burned a hole in my shirt.
"Dad?" I reached back and tugged on his shirt.
Dad turned me around and got really close to the bubble.
"Merlin." He whispered. "Lily, this potion is burning Violet!" I heard something clatter to the floor and Rosalie cried out cheerfully. There were loud footsteps in the hall, then Mom rushed into the room. Her red hair was wild and she looked scared.
"What?" She asked. Dad nudged me toward her and she inspected my shoulder, which was starting to burn.
"What is it?" She asked. Two bubbles rose from the cauldron and attached themselves to my knee and my lower back. They were followed by an onslaught of smaller bubbles which went to my face and neck. Mom cried out. My ears were covered, so I only heard mumbling from there. My heart raced in my chest, but opening my mouth could be dangerous.
My head was filled with a buzzing sound and I couldn't feel my limbs.
My vision went black.