Chapter One

Hello everyone! Welcome to the first chapter of my new story, "Before I Fall". I am so excited to write a story that I feel is near and dear to my heart, as well as entertaining others with a interesting story. So sit back and relax, and enjoy this story!

________________________

*Kayla's POV*

Today marks 1 beautiful year that I have been with the love of my life. As I started to straighten my shoulder length brown hair, I start thinking about what today will bring. I place a pretty vibrant shimmery gold eye shadow to match with my bright light brown, almost hazel, eyes with a thick liner to make them seem wider. I take my favorite clear gloss and place it on my petite lips for a shine to make them look doll like. I just wanted to make myself extra beautiful for my perfect boyfriend. 

Nicholas Johnson, oh how I can never get over hearing that name roll off of my lips. We meet through a coworker of mine, she introduced us at one of her house parties. And from there we hit it off great, deciding to take it further than a friendship. My first impression of him was "wow". He was at least 6'5ft., had a gorgeous face and beautiful smile, he had a stunning form and just a great sense of style. He was everything a girl could ever want in the partner. I would have never thought in a million of years that someone like Nick Johnson would want to be with someone like me. He was seen as the popular boy who knew everyone while I was the girl in the back of the crowd. But I was apparently 1 in a million for him and I couldn't have been happier. 

It was around 5:30pm at night on a Saturday and I was getting ready to go on my date with Nick. He was picking me up from my small apartment that I share with my best friend. I wasn't told just where we were going for the night, but I was told to wear something that was more dressy. I wasn't so sure on what that meant, but I can assume its out from my normal blue jeans and a T-shirt. So I went to my closet to pick the perfect dress that would not only compliment my figure but be the star of the show. I had a dark red dress that flows out, a slimming narrow black dress that hugged all of the right places and an open low back, and lastly, a classic black mini skirt with a navy blue blouse that had silver sequins. I tried on every outfit about 3 times before I can to decide that the black dress to make the perfect outfit for the perfect night. At about 5:56pm, I heard knocking coming from the door. I quickly grabbed my purse and slipped on my simple black flats before opening the door. I mean I loved looking good but I was not about to wear high heels all night. 

When the door opened, it revealed a stunningly handsome man wearing straight black dress pants, a tight fitting navy blue button up dress sure, a black blazer and he had just gotten a fresh new haircut. Nick has never looked so good in my life. When Nick had noticed that I opened the door and smiled at me. But it wasn't too long after that when I seen his smile start to drop. What happened in the matter of seconds? He raised his hand and started to rub the back of his neck, seeming to look a bit uncomfortable. 

"Hey babe, um do you really want to go out wear that tonight? I mean it looks good but maybe you should add a jacket to cover up some more." That sentence made my heart skip a few beats. What was Nick talking about? I started to try to hide my body with my arms and purse, as this was the first time he had talked about my body but it not being a compliment. 

"Oh.. okay, yeah let me go grab it from the closet." I responded. This was the first time in a year that Nick had made me feel insecure about myself. I'm sure he didn't mean it in the way that I am overthinking about it. But it hurt my feelings. So I grabbed my thick black cardigan, threw it on and walked back over to the door where my love was standing. He smiled at me while holding his hand out for me to hold. 

"See, doesn't that look a lot better now?" I guess so. 

*10 minutes later*

After we got into the car, he put in a location that I have never heard of before. I guess that makes it all worth of the fun for our anniversary. I turned on some music, looking over at Nick with a big smile on my face. "So Mr., where are you taking for this evening?" He looks over at me for a split second, clearly making sure I could see the smirk on his face. He didn't answer me but turned up the music a bit louder. Probably to stop me from asking more questions. "Oh come on! I know it's supposed to be a secret but can't you just give me a tiny hint?" Nick shakes his head no, as he switches lanes on the highway. I roll my eyes in a playful matter, sinking down into my seat clearly pouting so that he would talk.