Chapter 1: Realization

Start from the beginning

(No one’s PoV)

            Just a normal day in the Magic Academy where a boy name Harith was going to have a revelation that he never thought of.

Lylia - Hey, Harith.

Harith - Hi, Lylia. You seem joyful today.

Lylia - Oh, yes. My best friend is moving here. I'm so excited.

Harith - Wow! That is amazing. Sounds great. Have any plans?

Lylia - Well, he usually is busy with his parents and everything.

Harith - [oh, it's a he] Oh, well, hope you can hang out with him soon.

Lylia - I was going to do a welcome party, maybe you wanted to come? Everyone is coming.

Harith - Sure, why not? [It should be fun to distract my mind from finding someone for me]

(No one’s PoV)

            Lylia was very excited to see her best friend again

            Lylia was very excited to see her best friend again. It looked like it has been years since she last saw him, and in fact it was 9 years ago when he left abruptly. Only to come now and with the worst of the news.

Lylia – Harley!!! OMG look at you, you look so…. so…. Little?

Harley – (annoyed) what?! That is literally the first sentence you say to me, REALLY?!

Lylia – So sorry Harley, dear. You have really grown, but not so much. He, he, he. Come, let me show you our friends, and hopefully some new friends.

Harley – People? Today? Ugh.

Lylia – Behave, Harley. (dead stare)

Harley – Okay, okay. He…he…he… (nervously)

*As they enter the room**

Everybody – Welcome!!!

Harley – (panicking) OMG!!!

Lylia – Surprised? (giving a noble smile to him) Everyone is here to welcome you, Harley. Nana, Diggie, Cyclops, Lolita, Chang’e, and Harith.

(Harith’s PoV)

            Hmm? So, that is him. That is the famous Harley Vance. Wow, he sure is something. Not so tall, but, definitely, a good height. A very excellent posture even if surprised. Gotta say, not my style, but he can rock what ever he is wearing, and the pairing colors… seems odd, but he looks good. That curly, golden hair… hmm looks like he doesn’t like to get his hair touched, poor Nana, I don't mind touching it if I had the chance though, and those… big, emerald, green eyes… wow.

SNAP OUT OF IT, HARITH. He is a boy, and you are a boy… what are these feelings? Maybe, this is why I don’t see any girl as my companion for the rest of my life? Well… he is cute, and has a bit of attitude, that should be interesting.

**

Harith – Hey, Lylia. You won’t introduce? (smirks)

Harley – (annoyed) Who is he?

Lylia – Oh, he is a very good friend. Come. (They walk towards Harith) Harith this is Harley Vance, my best friend. Harley this is Harith, he is from the Moniyan Empire. Isn’t that cool?

Harley – A pleasure to meet you, Harith

Harley – A pleasure to meet you, Harith. Such an honor to meet you and thank you for your hard work.

Harith – The pleasure is mine, handsome. (Harley blushes angrily)

Harley – (confused) Okay? Lylia, I need to talk to you.

Lylia – Sure, what is it?

Harley – On private, please. No offense (looking at Harith)

Harith – None taken. (winks)

Harley – (more annoyed than ever)

(Harith walks away to hang out with the others)

Harley – Lylia, you seem…. Okay with everything.

Lylia – Of course, I am so happy.

Harley – Oh, you really are happy for what is happening?(concerned)

Lylia – YES! I missed you so much. (hugs Harley so tight, he realizes that maybe she doesn’t know)

Harley – Wa…it… air…. (Lylia stops) You don’t know then…

Lylia – What is it, Harley? (confused)

Harley – Umm… There is a reason I came back here.

Lylia – Yeah? What is that?

Harley – Well… (the party suddenly stops) we are getting married…

Lylia - …what? (shock)

To be continue.