Pair up

3rd POV

It's been two months since y/n become the pillar of nature, she was doing a proper job on protecting the people.

Sanemi always gone to solo mission, until he was call by Kagaya for a special mission.

"You have called for me, Oyakata-sama" Sanemi said.

"I'm glad your here now, Sanemi, come take a sit"

Sanemi only sit infront of him and bow at him.

" What is the special mission, you task for me, Oyakata-sama" Sanemi asked. While Kagaya just put a finger for him to quiet down.

" We're still waiting for someone"

Sanemi thought again his usual partner will be Rengoku, Kanae.

But his guess was wrong it was
Y/n who will be his  partner.

He look at Kagaya soon as he saw you. Giving him a Question look. Why you?

"My apologies for being late, Oyakata-sama, you have called for me"  y/n said as she kneel and bow to Kagaya and sit beside Sanemi.

Y/n just keep her usual demeanor she have. Sanemi only sit beside y/n, uncomfortable that your sitting close.

"I have a special task for the both of you, Sanemi, Y/n, there was a rumour that a Demon is creating chaos to a place, where all the other Demon slayer who tried to cut its head, died, I have lost alot of children, Go end the Demon that kill your comrades"

They both bow at him.

" As you wish, Oyakata-sama" they both said.

Sanemi just look at her, she become beautiful than before, but her eyes who show spark is dull. Y/n didn't say anything to Sanemi, thinking he forget about her. So she just shut her mouth.

Sanemi didn't know what to say also, as he isn't good at talking. He can't just say, hi, how you been, his not an idiot. To ignore what he did to you. He now can see how broken and hurt are you.

"I'm sorry" y/n said and Sanemi look at her.

He haven't say anything yet, his thoughts were keeping him to respond.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't follow what you wrote for me, Even you say... forget about you, I couldn't do that" y/n said.

Sanemi just thought the days he got wounded alot, It wasn't painful at all, Remembering you and the family he left. Is much more painful than his wounds.

He was heavily wounded, but he remember what pain he brought to you, compare to this, yours is painful. This wound can be heal, but the wound you have can't be heal. It be engraved to your heart deeply.

If he can turn back the clock where you all happily live together, He would, but that's only a Dream that would never come true

"I don't care about what you talking about, that won't change the fact, your already here even I don't want you here" Sanemi said.