Chapter 15

Alexis's POV

Right now, we are in the sea plane. While Tintin is figuring out how to fly the plane, I sat in between Captain and my brother while Snowy is on my lap. The two men that owned the sea plane were tied up in the back of the plane.

"You do know what you're doing, eh, Tintin?" Captain asked him.

"Um... More of less," Tintin replied as he started messing with the buttons and switches on the plane. Then, the plane's engine turned on and we started to move.

"Well, which is it? More or less?" Captain then asked.

"Relax, I interviewed a pilot once," Tintin said.

"Since when?" I asked Tintin.

"You weren't there with me at the moment," Tintin answered.

"Oh, that makes sense," I then said.

The sea plane then flew above the ocean water as I looked down at the view. What I also saw was the "Karaboudjan" ship.

"Captain, Alexis, look. We've caught up with them," Tintin stated as we flew right past them.

"Wonderful. But you think we might find another way to North Africa...that doesn't take us through that wall of death?" Captain asked as he pointed to a storm in front of us. That gave me the chills.

"We can't turn back. Not now," Tintin said.

As we flew through the storm, my heart started to beat harder and harder. In the corner of my eye, I saw Captain try to reach for a bottle filled with liquid. It wasn't until Tintin slapped his hand away.

"No, Captain. Those are surgical spirits for medicinal purposes only," Tintin told Captain.

"Quite right, laddie. Quite right," Captain said.

Out of nowhere, a lightning bolt struck one of the plane's wings, which caused us to fly upside down. I held onto Snowy tight in my arms until Tintin got control of the plane and we were now flying right side up.

Captain then grabs the spirit bottle without Tintin noticing and opens the cap. Just then, the plane started to fall. Gravity then took over us and I started to float in the air with Snowy, and so did the liquid from the bottle.

As Captain was about to drink it, Snowy beat him to it and drank it. The plane then, all of a sudden, flew up to the sky. But that didn't last long until the plane started to fall again.

Some more of the liquid came out from the bubble and Snowy tried to get it again. But this time, Captain drank it before Snowy. Then the plane flew up to the sky again. But something was off.

"No, no, no. The fuel tank! It's almost empty! Captain, this may sound crazy, but I've got a plan. The alcohol in that bottle may give us a few more miles. I need you to climb out of the plane and pour it into the fuel tank," Tintin told Captain. Captain and I look at the bottle and saw that it was empty, but Captain still stood up and got the parachute.

"Christopher Columbus!" Captain complained as he put on the parachute. He then opened the door to the plane and looked outside as his hat flew inside the plane. He then shut the door.

"There's a terrible storm out there. And...it's raining," Captain stated.

"And you call yourself a Haddock?" Tintin questioned as he turned around and looked at Captain.

That got him.

Captain then opened the door, but this time, he got sucked out. That shocked me.

"Captain!" I called out to him.

"Captain, can you hear me?! Captain?!" Tintin also called out.

Just then, outside of Tintin's window, Captain held on tight to the plane with a scared look on his face.

"You're doing fine! Now, pour the bottle into the tank! We're running on fumes!" Tintin told Captain.

Oh, man, I forgot about that part.

Just as Captain got on top of the engine and opened the lid, the empty bottle rolled next to Tintin's foot. This caused him to look down at it.

We then look ahead of us to see Captain burp inside the engine. I don't know how that helped, but it did. But this also caused the engine to catch on fire. Captain was in front of us, so we don't know what's going on.

"Captain, I can't see!" Tintin told Captain.

"Land, land!" Captain called out to us.

What does he mean by that?

"We can't! We're not there yet!" Tintin told Captain.

"No, land!" Captain said again. We were then able to see a little bit, only to see...

Oh. Land.

Tintin then steers the plane and we barely miss the sand dune that was in front of us. As Tintin was continuing to fly the plane, Captain gets electrocuted by lightning and got pulled back by his parachute.

In the corner of my eye, I saw the two men that were tied up jump out of the plane.

Oh, man, I forgot about them, too.

All of a sudden, the steering wheel broke off and we were about to crash. This caused me to hold Snowy tighter. Tintin then grabs me and holds me close to him as we get ready for impact.

Just as the plane crashed, the impact was so hard that we went forward and broke the glass of the plane.

The only thing I remember was hearing Snowy barking until everything went black.