𝟢𝟢𝟥. 𝗶𝗼𝗰𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗺

Start from the beginning

"Mister Malfoy should watch his tongue," Winnie scolded as she snapped her fingers, causing the cigarette between Theo's lips to vanish. "And his watch. He is late for work he is, off he goes," the spritely elf ushered, waving her hands urgently as though to hurry the blonde Wizard.

Asteria smirked as Draco widened his eyes at the house-elf, still not used to being the one that's ordered around. His experience with house elves had been quite different to the Nott's, after all.

"You heard her Draco," the brunette spoke with mirth in her tone as she nodded towards her pouting brother - or more specifically, the bite marks on his hand from the many times he had not listened to Winnie, "best not to anger Winnie."

Winnie smiled largely in response, her large blue eyes gleaming with her usual mischief as she nodded her head, "young Mister Malfoy will learn fast, yes he will." As Draco began to ready himself for work, Asteria turned to Circe with a kind smile, "go and get changed, my little star. Your mum will be expecting us home soon."

"Winnie will help," the house-elf spoke immediately as she clicked her fingers, switching the kettle on to boil. Asteria shook her head with a kind smile, "no, Winnie. It's okay-"

"Winnie will help!" the elf growled, her blue eyes wide and stern as she glared up at Asteria. The brunette held her gaze for a moment before relenting, holding her hands up in defence as Winnie smiled triumphantly. Asteria didn't particularly want to end up on the receiving end of one of Winnie's tantrums today - Theo was already sulking more than he had been when she first arrived.

Circe smiled as she looked towards Asteria with an excitable expression, "can we go to the Joke Shop as you promised?" Despite herself, Asteria nodded - praying to Salazar, Merlin and anyone else who would listen that she wouldn't be forced to endure a conversation with a certain infuriating Weasley.

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Diagon Alley
━━━━ August 25th, 2000

Asteria's pleas had unfortunately fallen on deaf ears. She was mere moments into appreciating the magical atmosphere of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and the products it had to offer when a familiar tall redhead invited himself into her space.

"You just can't seem to stay away, can you?" Asteria lifted her gaze, finding Fred stood before her dressed in a ridiculous, purple dragon skin suit that only the Weasley twins would be caught wearing, and his usual infuriating smirk spread across his lips. "Should I be flattered, or worried?"

Asteria rolled her eyes - something that had become a subconscious reflex every time she was in the presence of Fred Weasley. "Deflate your ego, Weasley," she replied with a clipped tone, "I'm not here by choice, and I certainly am not here for you."

Fred did not falter, holding the witches stare with an unrivalled fire. "Well, it would seem your ability to lie is on par with your ability to look after your niece," the redhead remarked with an arrogant smirk, nodding his head to the space Circe no longer filled. "You can admit you're here to see me, Nott."

"In your dreams, perhaps," Asteria replied bluntly, her narrowed eyes staring viciously into his. Fred continued to smirk, shrugging his shoulders lazily, "can't say you're ever really a feature."

Asteria clenched her jaw tightly; silently cursing fate and her twisted sense of humour. The brunette had managed to go almost two years without catching even a glimpse of Fred Weasley, and now he seemed to be popping up everywhere she went.

Granted, she was currently stood in his shop sacrificing her own sanity for the sake of her niece who lacked the ability to follow simple instructions. "What do you want, Weasley?" Asteria grumbled, emitting a heavy sigh as she looked up at the redhead.